Sonic Electronix

Was debating to post this question yet, since my car is in the shop getting repaired. I hit a deer on the way to try and finish my install:

deeraccident.jpg

Won't get my car back tell the 24th. Anyways, here's whats in the car:

wallof18s.jpg

DSC00207.jpg

Two BTL 18s, walled up. 14 cubes, 35hz tune, 192" of port. There is also a d3400 under the hood with a 200 amp Iraggi alt. Two runs + front to back and one run of -. Big 3 done as well. All KnuKonceptz wiring. HU is an Eclipse 8053. I was able to play around (listen, aka SLAMMIN) with my system for a couple days before I took it in to get repaired. I pretty much finished it the day after the accident.

The problem is when listening at loud volumes, the bass will get lower then higher. Doesn't happen all the time, it's kind of random it seems like. Some songs it won't happen at all. I've done a search on every forum I know of and only found a few threads from people with the same problem. Didn't find any answers.

Only thing I can think of is it's the Memphis 4kw. I put this amp through absolute hell with my last setup, and it saw low voltage quite often. Not enough to actually smoke the amp. It did shut off from low voltage/heat quite often though. I'm thinking maybe I damaged the amp at some point? I've had nothing but trouble trying to run 4kw+ daily.

I hate posting this question without even having my vehicle right now, but this is eating at my brain and I know I'm gonna overthink the shit out of this problem. Just looking for any type of input or info. My wall is not fully sealed yet either, still a trim panel on the port side missing. Doesn't seem like it's cancellation though.

2001 Chevy Impala

Eclipse CD7200 mkii

Cactus Sounds 5kw

Sundown 100.4

(2) Fi BTL 18s (walled)

ID 6.5s (2 sets)

Iraggi 320 amp Alt

XS Power Batts

KnuKonceptz Wiring

MidwestSPL Scores:

152.0 Advanced 2

136.1 Extreme 3

that's extensive work. I guess go big or go home!

Juan Rodriguez

Chief Technology Officer

D'Amore Engineering

T15KW Support Engineer

System.

KVT512 Kenwood Fold Out Monitor

Epic-160 Audio control Indash epicenter

(1)T1500-1BD with T2000.1 Transformer 1700 watts at 2 ohms

(2) T600-2 with T800-2 Transformers 320/ch at 4 ohms

(2) QSD216 Q series MB Quart 6.5 inch components

(3) P3D212 Rockford P3 12inch Subs

(1) Very Loud Altima Coupe!

that's extensive work. I guess go big or go home!

Wasn't too much work, even by myself. One day I might try to make an install that looks good though. :lol: All I really want these days is :hairtrick:

2001 Chevy Impala

Eclipse CD7200 mkii

Cactus Sounds 5kw

Sundown 100.4

(2) Fi BTL 18s (walled)

ID 6.5s (2 sets)

Iraggi 320 amp Alt

XS Power Batts

KnuKonceptz Wiring

MidwestSPL Scores:

152.0 Advanced 2

136.1 Extreme 3

generally hit higher #'s with the port on the other side

Yes, I know. I don't compete. We don't have comps in North Dakota or anywhere even close. I've had a couple different walls the past few years, thought I'd try the port on the passenger side for once. This thing does hurt my ears, which hasn't happened in a long time.

2001 Chevy Impala

Eclipse CD7200 mkii

Cactus Sounds 5kw

Sundown 100.4

(2) Fi BTL 18s (walled)

ID 6.5s (2 sets)

Iraggi 320 amp Alt

XS Power Batts

KnuKonceptz Wiring

MidwestSPL Scores:

152.0 Advanced 2

136.1 Extreme 3

just throwing this out there those amps are power hungry and you might need to upgrade your alt if you haven't already and possibly add another battery

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

i kind of have the same problem also just that i installed my "new stereo"and all of a sudden it stats doin that also.i would like to figure this out also.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

just throwing this out there those amps are power hungry and you might need to upgrade your alt if you haven't already and possibly add another battery

Yeah I know they are. I thought the 200 amp alt, PM d3400 and d3100 would be good enough for daily. I do like to slam on it though. Gotta wait tell I get my car back to be able to check out the voltage when it's turned up. Didn't have this problem previously with the Memphis running off of g34 Yellow Tops. The amp would just end up getting hot and shutting off. Haven't gotten to that point with the new electrical. Even the first song I listen to after starting my car will do this, voltage should be pretty good at that point, but I'm no expert.

Also, the amp isn't cutting out. The volume of the bass only fluctuates randomly, it'll get softer then louder, happens for a couple seconds. It's not constantly happening throughtout a song either, maybe a few times.

Edited by dr hypothesis

2001 Chevy Impala

Eclipse CD7200 mkii

Cactus Sounds 5kw

Sundown 100.4

(2) Fi BTL 18s (walled)

ID 6.5s (2 sets)

Iraggi 320 amp Alt

XS Power Batts

KnuKonceptz Wiring

MidwestSPL Scores:

152.0 Advanced 2

136.1 Extreme 3

Amp might be a bit sick, but check the voltage across the power terminals while you're bumping and see if it's dropping badly for some reason.

Also try a tone and see if it does it on that, if not it's possible your box just has a terrible frequency response that is all over the place...

EDIT: How long is your port?

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!