How Do I Get To My Alt? Please Help!

As has already been said, I would NOT go after that alternator unless I had a brand new DC Power unit to replace it with while it was apart. Too many labor hours to do anything else.

Just FYI, here are the steps:

Disconnect the battery. Remove the belt.

Remove the powersteering hose bracket from the alternator bolt. Remove the alternator bolt.

Remove the right front wheel & tire. Remove the inner fender. Remove the alternator splash shield.

Remove the torque convertor inspection cover. Install the flywheel holding tool (P/N 303-544). You must remove the crankshaft pulley & bolt. Caution! the pulley is moulded composite, and the bolt is part of it. The bolt is Left-Hand thread. Be careful removing this assembly, it is not cheap.

Disconnect & remove the crankshaft sensor & oxygen sensor to make room.

You can now lower the alternator to disconnect the B+ & regulator wires.

The re-install is simple - just do everything above in reverse... LOL

An all day job for the average DIY mechanic, the holding tool should be available at AutoZone or similar stores as a loan tool.

Plan ahead, and order an HO alternator from Robbie @ DC Power. Module installs can be done at the fuse block in this car, but you need to tell us so we can do a special instruction sheet.

'Link

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

damn MLA has they shit together for real.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

As has already been said, I would NOT go after that alternator unless I had a brand new DC Power unit to replace it with while it was apart. Too many labor hours to do anything else.

Just FYI, here are the steps:

Disconnect the battery. Remove the belt.

Remove the powersteering hose bracket from the alternator bolt. Remove the alternator bolt.

Remove the right front wheel & tire. Remove the inner fender. Remove the alternator splash shield.

Remove the torque convertor inspection cover. Install the flywheel holding tool (P/N 303-544). You must remove the crankshaft pulley & bolt. Caution! the pulley is moulded composite, and the bolt is part of it. The bolt is Left-Hand thread. Be careful removing this assembly, it is not cheap.

Disconnect & remove the crankshaft sensor & oxygen sensor to make room.

You can now lower the alternator to disconnect the B+ & regulator wires.

The re-install is simple - just do everything above in reverse... LOL

An all day job for the average DIY mechanic, the holding tool should be available at AutoZone or similar stores as a loan tool.

Plan ahead, and order an HO alternator from Robbie @ DC Power. Module installs can be done at the fuse block in this car, but you need to tell us so we can do a special instruction sheet.

'Link

:blink::blink: Holy crap! Dats a lot of stuff to remove for a big 3 upgrade. Definitely worth installing a new alt while your down there.

EG Limo

Chrysler 300's Stretched

Lambo Doors

20" Rims

i almost posted all the instructions straight off all data but it was a 14 page print out lol

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

wow, you guys are amazing!! thanks for the help. chevy boy thanks for talking to your mechanic for me, much appreciated. missinglink, wow!! you guys do know your shit. i need to save up some money and get that alt cuz i dont want to hav to do all of that twice. thank you to everyone who responded, and if anyone else has something to add, feel free. or if anyone wants to donate to my "alt fund" please feel free!!! lol thanks guys

2001 chevy blazer xtreme

my blazer xtreme build

On top of all that, my little sister is marrying a real fuckin winner tomorrow

I've gotten that much wood just viewing this thread. :blush:

The PT Cruiser isn't quite that bad, but it's still a pain.

I haven't examined the Taurus, but have you taken it up on a lift yet? There may be another route you can take if you can fit your hands under there. Sometimes those DIY programs have a lot more than necessary, but make it easy. (I am talking about Big 3 ONLY)

I'm just saying that because after getting my hands under my car on a lift, doing the Big 3 wasn't as bad as the manuals said. I skipped like 15 steps and pretty much redid it standing under the car. And even if you can't take it all off, you might have anough room to shave down that buffer (or the terminal itself) for fitting and stick a 1/0 on there.

Like I said, I have no experience with the Taurus so I may just be talking out of my ass. :D

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

The PT Cruiser isn't quite that bad, but it's still a pain.

I haven't examined the Taurus, but have you taken it up on a lift yet? There may be another route you can take if you can fit your hands under there. Sometimes those DIY programs have a lot more than necessary, but make it easy. (I am talking about Big 3 ONLY)

I'm just saying that because after getting my hands under my car on a lift, doing the Big 3 wasn't as bad as the manuals said. I skipped like 15 steps and pretty much redid it standing under the car. And even if you can't take it all off, you might have anough room to shave down that buffer (or the terminal itself) for fitting and stick a 1/0 on there.

Like I said, I have no experience with the Taurus so I may just be talking out of my ass. :D

i dont really have access to a lift so im probably gonna hav to do this the old fashioned way. your right tho if i could get it on a lift i could possibly find an easier way. thanks man.

2001 chevy blazer xtreme

my blazer xtreme build

On top of all that, my little sister is marrying a real fuckin winner tomorrow

I've gotten that much wood just viewing this thread. :blush: