Guest MegaloManiac

big 3

If you are seriously looking for more power, the 2.2 and the 2.3 motors respond best to the following;

1)Bigger throttle body

2)aftermarket big tube header (not ebay shit, DC, apexi, etc.)

**My crew chief makes a header for these motors that pick up 20 REAL HP on the dyno...we spend hours and hours on the dyno testing different header configurations.

3) Bigger cams

That is the cheapest, easiest way to get more power, at least All-Motor power, out of your 2.3

thats the advice i got for my accord, i have no clue what you drive.

Turbo ftmtfw!! haha if you got the cash its the most effective upgrade you can do.  and every other upgrade is more effective.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Hold up guys...let's look at this from a different perspective.  Power doesn't make you faster, Skill does.

So your question is "If I want to get a fast start, what do I need?" 

PRACTICE!  Power does not make up for a drivers skill.  The first item on the agenda.  Gauges.  Understand what your vehicle is doing.  Once you understand the limits to your engine (I.E. oil pressures, Exhaust Gas temps, etc), then you can start working on how high you can get your rpm's and braking power before your tires break lose.  You want to launch before your tires break loose.  Without knowing their limits, you won't get anywhere.  Power will just make your tires break loose sooner...bad for good starts.

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Hold up guys...let's look at this from a different perspective.  Power doesn't make you faster, Skill does.

So your question is "If I want to get a fast start, what do I need?" 

PRACTICE!  Power does not make up for a drivers skill.  The first item on the agenda.  Gauges.  Understand what your vehicle is doing.  Once you understand the limits to your engine (I.E. oil pressures, Exhaust Gas temps, etc), then you can start working on how high you can get your rpm's and braking power before your tires break lose.  You want to launch before your tires break loose.  Without knowing their limits, you won't get anywhere.  Power will just make your tires break loose sooner...bad for good starts.

Damn you're good. But you'll still need to upgrade your ride sooner or later. Sometimes pure skill can't always cut it. Now pure skill+ More hp= 1  Bomb ass driver with HP!

THE GRADUATE 10:18:2007

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is the car Manual Transmission? or Automatic??

Manual transmission is easy just dump the clutch at a higher RPM.

Automatic transmission slightly apply the brake then hit the gas and once u feel the car jump let off the brake and floor it. It works pretty good in my accord to zoom off the line faster but..... My car isnt one to race lol not with 210,000 miles on it.

Current Setup in 1989 Ford Mustang GT

Clarion Pro Audio DX

Infinity and Kenwood componets

Autotek 1900

1 12" Audiobahn AW1206T