Second Skin Audio

Help With Sub And Port Directions

right now i have an 18" dc lvl 4 xl w/ an audioque 2200d in my 2006 mountaineer. My box is 6.5 cubes after displacement and has sub up and port up. with that it rattles the hell out of my rear talgate. i was just currious as to what direction would sound the cleanest with minimal rattle in the rear tail gate. thanks.

right now i have an 18" dc lvl 4 xl w/ an audioque 2200d in my 2006 mountaineer. My box is 6.5 cubes after displacement and has sub up and port up. with that it rattles the hell out of my rear talgate. i was just currious as to what direction would sound the cleanest with minimal rattle in the rear tail gate. thanks.

man, to be honest, and this is just IMO....but with an 18" XL ported putting out that much power, I dont know of any position that wouldnt cause a lot of pressure in that cabin to not rattle the gate....

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

yeah you've gotten loud enough to the point to MINIMIZE not get rid of, the rattles is to slap some sound deadener in your car..

SMDMafia-amazinblazin.jpg

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Big III addition with 1/0 awg wiring all throughout

Lightning Audio Strike S4.1000.1D

Jenson XA2250

2 - 12" Mtx Jackhammers JH55

3ft cubed box sealed under the rear bench seat

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB head unit

MB Quart FWA 160 components up front

and just to let you know, usually subs up and port back sounds better in suvs btw...

SMDMafia-amazinblazin.jpg

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Big III addition with 1/0 awg wiring all throughout

Lightning Audio Strike S4.1000.1D

Jenson XA2250

2 - 12" Mtx Jackhammers JH55

3ft cubed box sealed under the rear bench seat

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB head unit

MB Quart FWA 160 components up front

Archived