Sonic Electronix

A Couple ?'s Before I Finish My Install

hook up the speaker and see if the speaker goes inward or outward.

So, Inward=wrong, outward=right. And will it happen when i plug the wires in, or with music.

Poor advice...

One thing you could do is run new wires entirely. That's what I did and it's awesome always knowing.

If none of the colors match, just hook up the speaker anyways. Go through all the speaker leads at the head unit with a 9V battery and pop test each speaker. If the speaker moves out, you have the + on + and - on -. Hook it up accordingly. Otherwise, the leads are backwards on either battery or speaker. Adjust accordingly.

If no pop is heard or seen, there's either a short or you are not completing a circuit (i.e. you have wires from different speakers.)

Edited by Neo_frog

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Poor advice...

One thing you could do is run new wires entirely. That's what I did and it's awesome always knowing.

If none of the colors match, just hook up the speaker anyways. Go through all the speaker leads at the head unit with a 9V battery and pop test each speaker. If the speaker moves out, you have the + on + and - on -. Hook it up accordingly. Otherwise, the leads are backwards on either battery or speaker. Adjust accordingly.

If no pop is heard or seen, there's either a short or you are not completing a circuit (i.e. you have wires from different speakers.)

The guy at my shop said run wires from the amp to the H/U and wire the speakers into the wire harness. Then with the stocked wires in the door + into the crossover + and the stocked - into the crossovers -. Is this way wrong?

If you have a digital multimeter I would just tone the wires out to find out which are which. Most multimeters have a continuity mode where it will beep if you're touching two ends of the same wire with the leads. Problem solved. :)

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

If you have a digital multimeter I would just tone the wires out to find out which are which. Most multimeters have a continuity mode where it will beep if you're touching two ends of the same wire with the leads. Problem solved. :)

indeed. easy and accurate.