Built-in Amps

BS .... it prolly does about 18-20 per channel

1999 grand prix gt

kenwood x994 head unit

1/0 big 3 all shok industry single run to the back

New mid/highs coming not sure what

Soundqubed q2200d at .5 (have)

2 soundqubed hdc3 12s (have)

New box to be built.. sealed firing forward (yet to be designed)

200 amp alt not sure exact size or manufactor xs power batts

They aren't lying to you put it that way. Sony does go by cea compliant rules. However, it will say 52x4W on the H/U face of course, but read the box. Find the CEA logo and it will tell you like 15w RMS x4 at 4 ohms.

So they aren't lying to you, you're just looking at the wrong place for the specs. ;)

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

ah okay, I was just curious cuz I was considering running a 4ch amp for my cabin speakers so I could run the HPF (I have lost 2 pairs of fronts to distortion, stupid 5.25 speakers!) but didnt want to overpower my speakers. Thanks! =)

Too many projects, too little time...

yea, most are 12-14 watts, lol

my one friend was soooo convinced his jensen had a 300 watt internal amp...until i showed him what a 300 watt amp looks like

older panasonic screens had the little 12x4 mosfet amp as a separate box on the harness, we used it on a motorcycle install or two, its so cute! its like 2.5x2.5x1inches with two spots for harnesses to plug in, one rca/power/ground/acc and one speaker output for standard front/rear/left/right

impossible to find nowadays, but it was a cool little thing to illustrate exactly what is in a headunit to supply power, and explain why a 50x4rms amp is a huge improvement over a h/u

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

yea, most are 12-14 watts, lol

my one friend was soooo convinced his jensen had a 300 watt internal amp...until i showed him what a 300 watt amp looks like

older panasonic screens had the little 12x4 mosfet amp as a separate box on the harness, we used it on a motorcycle install or two, its so cute! its like 2.5x2.5x1inches with two spots for harnesses to plug in, one rca/power/ground/acc and one speaker output for standard front/rear/left/right

impossible to find nowadays, but it was a cool little thing to illustrate exactly what is in a headunit to supply power, and explain why a 50x4rms amp is a huge improvement over a h/u

eclipse had one too

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

pioneer sells them separate http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Pro...ssories/ND-G500

never seen the eclipse ones in person, wouldnt doubt it though. its hard to fit everything needed for a flipout into a single din area, especially a few years ago

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

I think I remember those. My first HU was an alpine that I swear was hot and missing the amp lol. At least the HU powers my speakers at all, but god damn if this doesn't mean I really am underpowering my infinity setup.

I need something to just boost them so they sound good and loud yet I doubt my electrical is going to handle it.

I was asking here before if Pioneer does HU boosters like Alpine does.

Edited by slugdub
images-1.jpg