Chrisn077 Posted March 23, 2009 Report Posted March 23, 2009 I installed a new headunit that came from china or somwhere, it has no brand name. But its a 7" touchscreen. I had to cut the wires, I couldnt find a wiring diagram for a 2001 toyota tundra. I knew which wires were power and ground. I didnt know which wires were positive and negative speaker wires so i just hooked up what speaker worked with the correct wire on the head unit. Now its all hooked up but there is a ton of static, even on the cd player. Any help would be appreciated. And if anyone can find a wiring diagram. thanks. 18" DC Level 4
Stephen Posted March 23, 2009 Report Posted March 23, 2009 I installed a new headunit that came from china or somwhere, it has no brand name. But its a 7" touchscreen. I had to cut the wires, I couldnt find a wiring diagram for a 2001 toyota tundra. I knew which wires were power and ground. I didnt know which wires were positive and negative speaker wires so i just hooked up what speaker worked with the correct wire on the head unit. Now its all hooked up but there is a ton of static, even on the cd player. Any help would be appreciated. And if anyone can find a wiring diagram. thanks. why not buy a harness for 10-15$ you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be. DC POWER
Chrisn077 Posted March 23, 2009 Author Report Posted March 23, 2009 It came with a harness but wouldnt fit the plug. So i cut the wires on the old one. 18" DC Level 4
Stephen Posted March 23, 2009 Report Posted March 23, 2009 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brand-New-R...5fAudioQ5fVideo you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be. DC POWER
finkster Posted March 23, 2009 Report Posted March 23, 2009 It came with a harness but wouldnt fit the plug. So i cut the wires on the old one. http://us.nine.ebid.net/perl/auction.cgi?a...mp;from=froogle http://cgi.ebay.com/Toyota-TUNDRA-01-2001-...2QQcmdZViewItem http://mobile-emotions.com/twxh-950-00-0-2...undra-2001.html no excuse now... Fix it up proper mane DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
roscoe1129 Posted March 23, 2009 Report Posted March 23, 2009 if you do not have a premium factory system you need this harness http://retailer.installationexcellence.com...ehicleid=163805 If you do this is the one you need http://retailer.installationexcellence.com...ehicleid=163805 Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer Scientia est Vox "In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti" DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!! SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER
Stephen Posted March 23, 2009 Report Posted March 23, 2009 $5 paypal you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be. DC POWER
finkster Posted March 23, 2009 Report Posted March 23, 2009 Oh shit u cut the wires from the factory side of the plug? DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
Chrisn077 Posted March 23, 2009 Author Report Posted March 23, 2009 Ok my bad there is a white wire and it makes all the speakers turn on and work. 18" DC Level 4
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.