So I got home last night and thought to build a mock up of an amp rack that has been in my head for some time. It will be going int the tire well of a 1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cierra.

My dimensions I am working with are:

width 19 1'2"

length 20"

height 9"

I plan on doing a false floor so I could possible get maybe another inch in height. Was also thinging about going a little bit skinnier, maybe down to 16".

I plan on trimming this with a piece of Plexi from BASS14 with the Sundown logo on it and LED's for accent lighting. So looking down you would see the amps and a glow of blue.

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_00111.jpg

I also wanted to get the Sundown name to display on each amp along with the model number but the 50.4 amp dose not come out far enough. I would need to add about 2 more inches to the length. There is also only about 1/2 inch between the top of the 50.4 to the bottom of the wood on the second amp and less then that on the next one up

DSC_00101.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_00121.jpg

DSC_00131.jpg

DSC_00141.jpg

I am planning on putting a couple of fans on the back and front (haven't added the front piece yet) of this to increase the air flow. Was also looking at going with a metal supports instead of wood that way I can gain some additional room between the amps, not much but will get some and it should also help with air circulation.

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

I am looking for any helpful advise on how this is coming or if any changes should be made to the over all design. This is my first amp rack like this, usually I just strap them to a piece of wood side by side..

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro

If you really want the names to display....try angling two on the sides and one in the middle FTW...

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

If ya got any skills man router out where the boards the amp sits on into the sides and you can just slide the boards in all the way across and glue the fucker inthat will give you more room inside the amps "chamber" so to speak. Thought we were gonna do some metal fab?? :unknw:

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

If ya got any skills man router out where the boards the amp sits on into the sides and you can just slide the boards in all the way across and glue the fucker inthat will give you more room inside the amps "chamber" so to speak. Thought we were gonna do some metal fab?? :unknw:

My router skills are in the being stages but improving. I still want to do metal but wanted to get a better idea of spacing, this shows the limitations I have to work with but they are workable.. And I will be swinging by the build house after work Saturday also..

Head Unit: Alpine CDA 9887

Sub Amps: 4 RF2500's

Subs: 8 SA-12's Walled

Comp Amp: 1 RF600.2 (for now)

Comps: (4) 6.5 Punch Mid Pros and 2 Punch Pro Tweeters

Batteries: (1) XS D5100 (5) D3100

Power Cables: 2 runs of 2/0 power and ground each front to back(Try-Star)

Alternator: Dual Mechman Rhino 250's

Deadener: Fatmat / Damplifier Pro