Sundown Audio

Remote Not Cutting Amp Off?

ChevyBoy

The toggle shouldn't have anything to do with it, but I've seen weird things happen in strange situations.

And I didn't fully understand but where were you getting the negative voltage readout from? The headunit side or the amp side?

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

that wouldnt make sense though to have the negative on the remote terminal.....

that part doesnt really matter anyway, you need to diagnose why the voltage is there and where from since you know its there. honestly, it seems to me like the switch yer using is leaking voltage past it keeping the amp on. and a relay would be bad because when the magnetic field collapses [ turned off] it sends a voltage spike back through possibly damaging your turnon circuit. bypass those and your problem is more than likely solved. take the remote out of the amp, jump the B+ to rem terminal and the amp comes on, you know the amp is fine.

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

that part doesnt really matter anyway, you need to diagnose why the voltage is there and where from since you know its there. honestly, it seems to me like the switch yer using is leaking voltage past it keeping the amp on. and a relay would be bad because when the magnetic field collapses [ turned off] it sends a voltage spike back through possibly damaging your turnon circuit. bypass those and your problem is more than likely solved. take the remote out of the amp, jump the B+ to rem terminal and the amp comes on, you know the amp is fine.

but there is no voltage when the head unit is turned off.

where are you getting the power from for the turn on ?

head unit.
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Pretty sure using the red ignition wire from car? Mabie thats ur problem... Not shutting off all the way.. Low enough for deck shut off but not amp... Toggle shouldn't have anything to do with it unless it has its own power and ground for the light or whatever if it has... I'd check voltage at deck ignition wire... You can always just wire it constant and shut off at toggle... But i know you probably wondering wtf and wanna find out..

Passport Build Here

Alarm: Prestige APS997A 2-Way/Remote Start

HeadUnit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Front Battery: Yellowtop Optima D34/78

Back Battery: 2x C&D Technologies High Rate Series UPS12-475FR 134AH

Subs: 2x DC Lv4XL 18's

Amps: 2x Sundown Saz1500's Strapped

Box: 12Cubes 33hz 185sqin Port(15.4sqin per cube)

Pillars: AudioBahn AS31Q

Front Doors: Clif Designs TX40.5

Back Doors: Clif Designs CD50.4C

Rear Speakers: Clif Designs TX46.5

Front/Rear Amp: Kicker ZX350.4

Back/Pillars Amp: Kicker ZX200.2(Looking for another zx350.4)

Electrical: 1/0 Scorpion Wire 2 Runs Pos and 2Runs Ground, Knu 1/0 Flex Running to Amps ect, Big 3, JL 8Ga For Speaker Wire, Knu Karma RCA's, Scorpion Volt Meter

Deadener: 100 sqft Sound Destroyer Mat And SECOND SKIN Damplifier Pro Door Pack

Pretty sure using the red ignition wire from car? Mabie thats ur problem... Not shutting off all the way.. Low enough for deck shut off but not amp... Toggle shouldn't have anything to do with it unless it has its own power and ground for the light or whatever if it has... I'd check voltage at deck ignition wire... You can always just wire it constant and shut off at toggle... But i know you probably wondering wtf and wanna find out..

im pretty sure i can tell the difference from a red wire thats connected to another red wire, and a blue wire that has a label on it that says "turn on" (or something VERY similar)
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

im pretty sure i can tell the difference from a red wire thats connected to another red wire, and a blue wire that has a label on it that says "turn on" (or something VERY similar)

Ok so useing the turn on from Deck? Not using your actual ignition... I see.. Check the voltage at the deck then...

Also just a 2wire toggle? Not the ones that need seperate power and ground for light or whatever...?

Passport Build Here

Alarm: Prestige APS997A 2-Way/Remote Start

HeadUnit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Front Battery: Yellowtop Optima D34/78

Back Battery: 2x C&D Technologies High Rate Series UPS12-475FR 134AH

Subs: 2x DC Lv4XL 18's

Amps: 2x Sundown Saz1500's Strapped

Box: 12Cubes 33hz 185sqin Port(15.4sqin per cube)

Pillars: AudioBahn AS31Q

Front Doors: Clif Designs TX40.5

Back Doors: Clif Designs CD50.4C

Rear Speakers: Clif Designs TX46.5

Front/Rear Amp: Kicker ZX350.4

Back/Pillars Amp: Kicker ZX200.2(Looking for another zx350.4)

Electrical: 1/0 Scorpion Wire 2 Runs Pos and 2Runs Ground, Knu 1/0 Flex Running to Amps ect, Big 3, JL 8Ga For Speaker Wire, Knu Karma RCA's, Scorpion Volt Meter

Deadener: 100 sqft Sound Destroyer Mat And SECOND SKIN Damplifier Pro Door Pack

Archived