Sundown Audio

Remote Not Cutting Amp Off?

ChevyBoy

so every now and then, when my head unit shuts down, my amp doesnt turn off. i tried switching head units, does the same thing. when the head unit doesnt shut it off, i flick the toggle on my remote and it shuts down. today it wouldnt shut down for a few minutes, so i took a meter to it. it read -.5 volts at the remote terminal on the amp. yes, thats right, negative. how? anyone have any input? im stumped.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Dodgy REM circuit in the amp? You're not using a relay anywhere are you?

nope. thanks for actually responding. i thought we had more amp gurus.

what i dont get is, once the head unit is off, it cuts the remote wire. meaning the amp is off. but its not. but cutting the toggle off, shuts the amp off. im SO confused.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

At first my guess would have been a relay inside the amp possible wearing out and sticking, but I read more and the only other thing I can think is maybe a crazy signal inside the amp?

You say you have a toggle inline the remote wire from the H/U to amp then?

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

dose the amp shut off when car is off?

thats the problem.........

At first my guess would have been a relay inside the amp possible wearing out and sticking, but I read more and the only other thing I can think is maybe a crazy signal inside the amp?

You say you have a toggle inline the remote wire from the H/U to amp then?

yes, inline from hu to amp
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

i highly doubt it but maybe the toggle switch is allowing the current to flow even with the car off, similar to being able to eject the cd with the car off.. have you tried removing the toggle switch and just running the remote wire directly to amp and see if the problem still occurs?

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

Archived