Second Skin Audio

New Box For My 12" Idmax's

Do as much airspace as you can with 2 4" aeroports.

From what I've seen with these subs they don't seem to need a lot of port area. Also if you tune real low they don't seem to play high very well but they're extremely nice 30-50hz :)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Use the Aeroport calculator .. http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu6I2Q9FJTWwB..._calculator.cgi

The port length is for each port . If you have a Flared kit , you go by the flared calculation .

To cut the straight ports to what you need take the flared length and minus it by 5" .

Each flared end including the ring is about 2.5" L .

Example ~ 4cuft , 32Hz tune , 3" diameter port , 2 ports = Flare Length Port required 8.11"

Cutt each straight port tube to 3.11" L . Assemble and thats it .

2000 Trans Am ws6 - 6spd / M9 / cam / full bolt-ons / semi full suspension / tune

1998 Integra - daily beater, [2] AB XFL-1244's / 4ft³@35Hz, 61in² / Saz-3500dv1 @.85Ω

• 5 weeks later...

just some pics of my box i built recently.. didnt port threw the back deck but im Very happy with the way it says except for some rattling.

Ports were painted nicely but i had trouble putting them back in after carpeting

IMG00174.jpg

1001bd mounted on the side. Wish the end caps woulda fitted too. thinking about grabbing another or a 501bd..

IMG00175.jpg

IMG00177.jpg

IMG00172.jpg

IMG00173.jpg

Edited by drew028