Second Skin Audio

New Box For My 12" Idmax's

Looking to redo my box like that with the subs facing toward the back of the trunk and the port in the middle of the subs. I already had 1 in a ported box about 2.5cuft ported to 35 and i was very very impressed. I wanted more so decided to get another. Im a fan of ported but after reading post some people say sealed. Just looking for opinions of people that own or have owned or know about these subs. I seen Mod James likes these subs. Help please.

Edited by drew028

if your looking for more sealed wouldnt be the way to go. youll have more linear of a respose from the subs but for outputs sake ported would be best.

as far as porting i would recoment aeroporting through the holes if its setup in a way your able to

what about tuning and box size.. i went out side and did some measuring. Inside dimensions i can get a 4.38cuft box because i still want my trunk. I could get more if i got technical with the box because my trunk has a bump but..idk.. anyways Tuning what do you think? 32hz?

as a newer guy in the building i cant beleive the dif between a sealed and ported box. i first built a 1.25 cuft sealed and it wasnt the sound i desired. so then i went with a 2cuft ported box and DAMN it was a hell of alot louder. for whatever its worth the ported box is the way if you can get the space ya need. but thats just my oppinoin. take the pros advice for sure though :)

get amatt's excel calculator off the forums somewhere, its perfect for things like that

and a single 6in aero through where the factory sub was would be pretty ill, you could do like half in/half out to get the length you need to tune lower

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC