Second Skin Audio

Subs Up Port Back

PUNKYOU007

i wanna build a new box for my 15's and i am going to build with the port to the rear. does it matter how far the port is from the rear doors? is there a specific distance it should be?

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

There's a thousand factors, so no. Mess around with the location some to see what gives bigger numbers/sounds the best.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

There's a thousand factors, so no. Mess around with the location some to see what gives bigger numbers/sounds the best.

i dont have a lot of room to work with because i am keeping my third row seating. but i dont wanna put the port right up to the rear door and then it sound like crap and i have to rebuild the box, better to know now then to have to rebuild. is there a rule of thumb on this?

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

box im builing my ports are about 10 inch from back wal, dont kow how it sounds yet though

Whatever the width of your port keep that distance from the back wall of the enclosure to the box. For example if you are using 4" aeroports you will need to be at least 4" from the back wall of the vehicle.

If you were doing a slot ported box that was 6" wide then 6" from the back wall. That allows the port not to be choked off and lets the airflow around the enclosure to transfer pressure to the front of the vehicle.

Edit: You can be further away from the back wall than the width but closer is not good.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Whatever the width of your port keep that distance from the back wall of the enclosure to the box. For example if you are using 4" aeroports you will need to be at least 4" from the back wall of the vehicle.

If you were doing a slot ported box that was 6" wide then 6" from the back wall. That allows the port not to be choked off and lets the airflow around the enclosure to transfer pressure to the front of the vehicle.

Edit: You can be further away from the back wall than the width but closer is not good.

thanks, thats what i needed.

d(-__-)b

Archived