so... here's my story

i sold a car around 2 years ago for $900

today i got a letter saying i owe $1300 for towing expense and storage fee...

apparently the guy i sold it to didn't register it and the guy that bought it from the guy who i sold it to didn't register it neither... making me the car holder still apparently...

the guy who bought it from the guy i sold it to got pulled over and thrown in jail for an unknown reason...

anyhow i have 30 more days "at $30 a day" to get my car... WHICH IS IN FLORIDA AND I'M IN TENNESSEE... and pay off the $1300+ and get my car back "which i don't want"

after the 30 days if done for and the bill is around $2200 the car is gonna be auctioned... if the car doesn't sell for atleast $2200 i'm billed the rest...

what do i do..

and at the time of me selling the car i did make a contract.. BUT don't have it...

Edited by Coolwazabi

Hmm. If you let the license and registration expire, shouldn't be your problem

Car

1996 Sable LS

8,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Pioneer Premier DEX-P1R

Diamond Audio D351, Diamond Audio D362i, Diamond D3TAK off Kicker ZX200.4

Custom 15" 13w7 motor, 3.5" aluminum coils dual 1 ohm off NV-AM25001

Dynamat Dynaliner Second Skin Damplifier Pro

Stock 130A Alternator

My Build

Truck

1995 Ford F-150 Flareside XLT

10,000K Bi-Xenon HID's, 15,000K Bi-Xenon HID's

Kicker KS6502, KS400 off Pioneer Premier PRS-D4100F

Truck Build

Ref(s) Rogers, Jared, Mikesmith0890, Twigz, DHFHades, BASS14, Solo_X18, mrafrica, camino_1to3, kickerassman

[speakerman9000] 5:43 pm: if sony sucks so bad how come my amps still work when i had 3 12s on it

[capalass23] 11:27 pm: wow u grand man poopin out babys like hto cakes

[KevinniveK] can u have sex later please hes helping me

then whos problem would it be? its most certainly his

YEAH.... i don't see it letting me off the hook... NEXT

lol... sorry... i called my insurance company and gonna get some statement saying that i sold the car on that date and canceled the insurance at the same time period

well this is a fucked situation, i was in the same boat not long ago but it was for a total of 13k in damages, i had bought a car from a friend and had a bill of sale as well as a title, well 3 days after buying the car i had to sell it and just sold it to a friend with a bill of sale and gave them the open title, well they in return sold the car to someone they didnt know and gave them the open title and had no bill of sale, car was in a accadent and did the 13k in damages, they came after the man i got the car from he gave them the bill of sale and it was put on me, i had to find my paper for bill of sale saying i sold the car to who ever , and now they have to prove who they sold the car to or else pay.

now you can try to fight it and get them to have the "owner" say it was his car then it will be his problem... but might be harder to do than say

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

I had the same situation last year with a car I sold. It is so crucial to keep files on all vehicles you sell for at least five years just because of this. Well to make a long story short I went to court (locally) and came up with a date I sold the vehicle placing it back at least three years. The Judge laughed and dismissed the case and all the fees. Contact the court and try to prodcuce a Bill of Sale.

if you wouldve signed the title over this wouldnt have been a problem, thats probly the reason they never registerd the car because it was still in your name, and driving an unregisterd vehicle is a major fine and he probly had dead tags on it which is another fine and if he didnt try to register it its probly because hes uninsured and driving uninsured is another major fine. so if he would have anything on his record already which he probly did seein as how he was dumb enough to drive and unregisterd vehicle then they wouldve thrown him in jail for driving that vehicle. so the best thing i can say for you to do is get a good lawyer and take it to court there could be some loophole or sum kinda paper work to get you outta payin the bill.

yeah same shit happened to my parents.. but we have the contract and proof of sale so everything got dismiss and everything was good again...

Hustle hard, Stack paper,

It's alright, ya'll haters,

It's nothing, We major,

You see me, Hi Hater! =)

~ Manio