Astro Build - 12 Cerwin-Vega 12"s in a Clamshell C-Pillar Wall

Ha! Drew, I would have to give that to my wife, because she helped me tremendously. How is that DC port treating you?? Still the sickest port ever. Thanks for the good word. :)

1030toolded - I have to know what kind of sub is that in your avatar! It has been KILLING ME.

Like the old Phoenix Gold Cyclones, just totally different.

its a Basstech Servo Drive 15" cab ;)

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

LOL, yeah. I know what you mean.

Do you really live in Columbus, MS?

Why? You wanna jack my ish!?!?!? :acute:

I kid I kid. You close by? Hit me up if so.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

its a Basstech Servo Drive 15" cab ;)

-Drew

Pretty good!

It is a Basstech servo drive .......21"

It's main purpose is LARGE venues/concerts and it only moves air. It is pointless above 50hz and only takes about 1000rms to meet 3" excursion!

93' Ford Aerostar

Alpine head unit

4-5.25 MB Quarts

20-10" pyramids super Pro

1 Lanzar amp

Why? You wanna jack my ish!?!?!? :acute:

I kid I kid. You close by? Hit me up if so.

Yeah, I'm very nearby. I'll PM you tomorrow, I'm busy and am posting from my phone.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Thank you guys for all the love. I really do appreciate it. Especially for someone who truly just does this for kicks. I guess that is why they call it a hobby. :D For better or worse- I have done ALL of the work on this van myself. Every now and again I have had a helping hand to hold some fabric (the wifey) or some wood (dad), but other than that- it is all mine. So I take pride in that even if it isn't a show vehicle. Ya know?

On with the latest! I decided to upgrade my alternator. I went to a junk yard and got a donor CS130 alternator and went here http://www.springhillautoelectric.com/inde...mp;productId=37 and got a "220" amp rebuild kit. Never having done this before, I didn't really hold high hopes, but more or less was curious how it would do.

A brief rebuild history of the donor alt in pictures:

Posted Image

Stock Dirty Guts

Posted Image

Posted Image

The stock VS the rebuild windings. Note that the stock one has 6 wires (3 sets of 2) & the rebuild has 12 (3 sets of 4)

Posted Image

Side by side comparo of the internals (not much real difference there- just a bit beefier)

Posted Image

Cleaning up the Case

Posted Image

Believe it or not... this is clean.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Coming back together...

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Pretty good!

It is a Basstech servo drive .......21"

It's main purpose is LARGE venues/concerts and it only moves air. It is pointless above 50hz and only takes about 1000rms to meet 3" excursion!

Ah! couldn't tell from the pic it was a 21" thats pretty cool! i have some pro sound experience myself and have gotten to check out one of these cool units.

Edit** Single 21? cabinets i saw were Dual 15" Servo drives

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

I checked the COLD voltage on the Duralast Gold Alternator:

Posted Image

Then I pulled the Duralast Gold alternator (note the overdrive pulley):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Out and side by side. I swapped pulleys out so I still have the overdrive pulley. Yeah I painted the fan bright blue... wanna' fight about it??? :)

Posted Image

Back in... and blue. Really Blue.

Posted Image

Cold Voltage

Posted Image

After running around town for over an hour and blasting the system.

Posted Image

And just another box shot. :)

It is better with the new alt. I can tell a big difference from the subs and on my volt meter. The bass seems much tighter.... to a point. It gets up a good bit more up until it starts getting stupid loud (like loud that it wasn't before) and then after just a bit more you can tell it is starving again. A quick look at the volt meter and yep- it still HUNGERS! This alt won't let the voltage get into the Red like the Duralast (blue smoke 11 volt land), but it isn't what I really need. I know it isn't doing a true 220 amps either.

This has really really made me see my systems need for proper amperage. (remember, I only have the overdrive pulley, big 3, and the under hood battery). This is why I am gonna' get Hooked UP with Matt at MechMan. http://www.mechman.com

A Solid 250 amp should do it I think..... I need more powa!!! MUUUUWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

That alt you have will be fine if you got a couple of big batts. I see alot of people putting in these overkill alternator setups when the money could be spent on other things. I know a guy running over 8000 rms on a stock Neon alternator. Not hating just trying to help. :D

Drew

Ref's include: sundownz, army-killa, queball, wildsebring, foshay1123, greenman100, loud-n-low, acex3a, circa40, orangeless, PBateman,xtcxyooj, chaunb3400, oldschoolboomer, SPLluminator

Archived