Astro Build - 12 Cerwin-Vega 12"s in a Clamshell C-Pillar Wall

Very cool build man, I'd like to check this thing out if you take it to Scrapin the coast this year

Thanks much, I appreciate it.

I plan on being there! You are more than welcome to hit me up and check it out. I don't know if I will even go in the lanes this year; it is always a wicked disappointment every time I do. It isn't like the old girl is setting any records... lol.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

what are the specs on those diodes?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I can't remember. They are decent size, but that isn't the point with a diode. All diodes will drop voltage by 0.7 volts across them. The only real reason to get a "bigger" diode is for durability / longevity.

Looking good!

Thanks much! I think I am down to adding batteries and making a fiberglass panel for the back. ...well- down to that on the stereo at least. The rest of the van is another story. :D

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Very cool build man, I'd like to check this thing out if you take it to Scrapin the coast this year

Thanks much, I appreciate it.

I plan on being there! You are more than welcome to hit me up and check it out. I don't know if I will even go in the lanes this year; it is always a wicked disappointment every time I do. It isn't like the old girl is setting any records... lol.

Awesome man, I'll come check you out. I'll be on the car show side of things didn't really build my system to meter, just something cool to have and enjoy my music on. But I already want more so maybe 2014 I'll be in the audio end of things haha.

My Build Thread 2005 F150 : 2005 F150 Center Console Build

Center Console - 3.2 cubes @ 35hz

4 RE Audio SRX10s - Pure Audio 3000.1

8 6.5 Soundstream SME.658 - Soundstream TN4.900D

4 NX-5 Super Tweeters

I can't remember. They are decent size, but that isn't the point with a diode. All diodes will drop voltage by 0.7 volts across them. The only real reason to get a "bigger" diode is for durability / longevity.

I wonder if it would work on an alternator that is regulated by the PCM. i've melted the post of the stock alt once already haha... DC 2.0k @ .5ohm gotta love it

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

I wonder if it would work on an alternator that is regulated by the PCM. i've melted the post of the stock alt once already haha... DC 2.0k @ .5ohm gotta love it

That I do not know. It might- only one way to know, really. That is some serious draw to melt the post off! haha!

I had my positive terminal on my battery get HOT once- that was before the dual alts though. I had been cranking on it for a while too. I did something and just happened to put my hand on the battery post- and Woah! haha. Yeah... things that make you realize that there may be a problem. :D

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

• 1 month later...

Some more LEDs. Not done yet, but here is the night shot. I made some panels that block direct view of the leds... so, I get the glow without the glare. :D

858120_3874003986867_217599240_o.jpg

More LEDs to come a bit later on. Spring is just around the corner!

**EDIT**

My wife just looked at this pic and said "It kind of looks like Stitch. ...you know, from Lilo & Stitch cartoon?"

...yeah, nice.

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

HYPER LEDs bringing the heat.

537085_3895682048805_939555397_n.jpg

Soon. :D

I plan on putting a string under either running board. I should have a bit left over. Not sure if I want to put the extra under the front or back to do an all around deal or not. I guess it will depend on how it turns out under the running boards.

I'm going to wire a toggle switch in for the exterior lights. I'm also going to wire them into my door lights so when I open the door or turn on the interior lights, the lights under the running board come on. I will just have to put a diode in there so when I turn the exterior lights on the interior lights won't come on too. And if I can find a place to put some of these inside the van where the strips won't be too noticeable, I will wire it into the factory interior lights. Make it daylight when I open the doors! :D

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

• 1 month later...

I put the LEDs from HYPER on the van over 2 months ago, but didn't put up any pics....

I got some 3M double sided adhesive tape for the LEDs.

563813_4138129949851_1878830319_n.jpg

Here are the LEDs with their new sticky backing- cut to length.

537984_4138130269859_1901937411_n.jpg

554867_4138130549866_632673601_n.jpg

Just for giggles, I added some to my Aquarium lighting. The LEDs on the top are from an auto parts store. The crazy bright ones are the ones from HYPER LED.

563675_4138129589842_529127048_n.jpg

Solderless connections to the LED Strips.

644491_4138130709870_1862777730_n.jpg

And here are SOME of them. I still have to do front and back and maybe some other lights under it here and there.... The plan is to have the van floating on a bright cloud of marshmallowy goodness....

This shot it isn't really dusky dark yet.... It is hard to really describe how bright these are.

551523_4138131109880_1904743375_n.jpg

Here is is getting darker out... Notice how the HYPER 6000k HIDs make the regular H3 fogs look like dog poop. lol

540514_4138131429888_545722655_n.jpg

And dark out-

552803_4138131229883_760937731_n.jpg

Like I said, there is more work with the LEDs coming. Right now I have them on a defeatable switch that is tied into the door / interior lights. I may do an over-ride thing of sorts where I can throw a switch and make them come on (but not the interior lights) and have a defeatable switch that can enable them to come on when I open the doors. Talk about "puddle lights" - psh... forget about it. :D

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Archived