Astro Build - 12 Cerwin-Vega 12"s in a Clamshell C-Pillar Wall

Cool new developments, sir. I'm diggin' it. :D

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Cool new developments, sir. I'm diggin' it. :D

Thank you sir-

Sweet build man

Thank you.

Very nice dude. Always love the old-school equipment. Battery box looks nice as well.

I appreciate it.

Hope to get some better pictures up soon. I need to do a proper video after everything is done and tidied up. :D

Now that I am out of any and all room by the amps in the back, I need to begin work on the huge fiberglass vanity panel to cover up the wires and whatnot around everything. That will make the back look much more presentable.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

More pics of the same old stuff- just with battery box installed and power and ground wiring redone:

1013427_4456125379538_292653793_n.jpg

1012360_4456125139532_654618067_n.jpg

270447_4456125179533_2080790827_n.jpg

These batteries are getting a bit up there in age, but let me tell you, they are strong! LOL Something like 62 lbs each. The system gets on up now. While running, I have not seen below 13.2 volts with these hooked up. Before if I pushed it hard, I would see 10.9 volts. The difference is like night and day.

1017576_4456126179558_222090025_n.jpg

I know it isn't pretty, but it is safe. 5 runs of 4awg from the front of the van, each with an 80 amp fuse at each end. From there, they run into 3 250 amp circuit breakers. Those circuit breakers are between the amps and everything else. Each of the 3 250 amp circuit breakers gets one run of 4awg from the secondary battery bank. The battery bank can be isolated from the front battery and from the rear amps by another 300 amp circuit breaker. ...I know, 3 runs of 4awg for the entire battery bank? Yes. This isn't a competition vehicle and I am not chasing that 0.1 db. It works like a champ for what it is. ....I SHOULD have designed room for a battery bank in the very back when I began the build, but oh well. Front battery is lead acid (floats at 12.5 volts) and rear batteries are AGM (float at 12.6 volts). Yet another reason to be able to easily isolate them from one another for when the van sits for long periods of time. I do have a Battery Tender that will hold all three at 13.2 ish though.

1045015_4456126659570_377339394_n.jpg

Clearances between battery box and the subs and middle seat.

1002281_4456126739572_2131477462_n.jpg

Yep- pretty sure I am out of room.

1011326_4456127299586_1527048238_n.jpg

I also re-wired my 8"s in the doors into an active xover along with the MTX 5000 silk dome tweets. 200 watts RMS on that component set. Oh my- it woke those up too. I adjusted my xover points on the head unit and turned off ALL time alignment. I don't think this thing has ever sounded so good. Now: if I can pretty things up and leave crap alone, all will be well with the world. lol

Thanks for checking in guys.

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Keep the updates coming Colin. Make another demo video. I haven't seen one in a while.

Will do. I've been meaning to make a video but life has been so crazy as of late.

That b-alot of gear ....lol ;)

lol. No doubt. I had one of those OH CRAP moments last night when I was looking at these pictures. I guess I've gotten used to it, but I looked up on the monitor once posting the pic and was like... "woah. That's a butt ton of equipment"

Woot!!! :) really need to meet up again.

I know brother. I keep on hearing we are gonna do another meet up, but then it comes and goes with nothing. Maybe one in the fall or something?

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Archived