Sonic Electronix

Hey guys my set up is listed below. I have noticed a lot lately that songs that used to beat on my old system or friends systems and that have really good bass lines just dont beat on mine sometimes. Songs like jeezy-airforces shit used to slap on my system but it doesnt on my fi's. i thought it might have just been the song so i downloaded another and same thing. any suggestions? i know its not settings on amp because i hit lows and highs good on other songs.

2 18'' fi btls fully loaded

2 sundown saz 3000d

1 iraggi 200 amp alt

3 powermaster 3100d series batts

11.75 cuft wall after displacement tuned to 31.08 hz

no reason that setup shouldnt slam!!!!

enclosure specs currently using??

07 mote carlo..

deh-p800prs hu-cdt gold 6.5's-cdt 6x9 2 ways-mcintosh mc431m(mids/highs)

bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout

dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood

metered 141.0 @ 32hz windows down @ kick,termlab

no it slams i never said that but some songs that should slap hard just dont and i dont know why. do i need like a processor or eq or some shit.

2 sundown saz 3000d

1 iraggi 200 amp alt

are these songs from a cd, if not... thats likely ur problem

buy the cd and then judge the difference

too many times i see so much dj altered crap that people download, and they wonder why they clip or are quiet

use wmp oscilioscope, im pretty sure every person on this forum has wmp, if not something equivalent.... thats the easiest way to visually see if the song is quiet or loud for a reason

since i use audacity alot, commercially available cds have peaks from 19db-27db in peak.... so some songs are going to sound louder... and likely the difference in one setup to another is that the cars/boxs peak highlight that note and theres greater output....

if u go from 30hz to lets say 37hz tuning... air forces would def be quiter at 37hz, since the box's peak would likely be above 40hz(air forces peak)

maybe that helps

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

yeah different cars u cannot expect one to sound like another, different box tuning, enclosure build quality and size. if you dont like it rip it out and start over, car audio is an expensive hobby, no sense spending a shit ton of money on subs and amps then have a POS box. not saying ur box is a POS i dont know u havnt said anything about ur box, for better more educated answers we need more information

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

its a wall built out of two layers of mdf with insides 45ed and fiber glassed. reinfored with 2x4's and all-thread. its 11.75ft^3 tuned to 30.08hz. I think i may need a sound processor.

2 sundown saz 3000d

1 iraggi 200 amp alt

Archived