Small Issues With My Zx2500.1

I hooked up my pair of ZX amps last night and my output is no were near as loud as it was with the single Autotek amp. I think I may have my subs out of phase so I'll check that out when I get home this afternoon. My problem is my boost controller (Bass Knob). I used an RJ11 line spliter to split the two to one and when I turn the knob nothing happens. Anyone have any ideals why? Could this be related to the phase issue? I also noticed that when I would adjust my subwoofer levels off my Pioneer HU the subs would play at the same level. So if I went from 0 to +6 or 0 to -6, the subs would play at the same level. I think I'm messed up somewhere I just need to figure out where.

Edited by pervitizm

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

if the subs are out of phase you will have very little output and the subs will still move like crazy, i would fix this problem first and see what happens from there. the 2500.1 is a powerhouse, my ks1200.1 pulls alot of power so i know that thing does. you might need extra batteries, if you havnt upgraded ur big 3 yet i would highly recommend doing so. ur going to need a HO alt when you get two of those. you need power to make power =)

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

I have three batteries and stock 160amp alternator now. I'll be upgrading to an additional 300amp alt for a dual setup by the end of April. So power isn't the issue. My Autotek was banging a lot hard on two batteries than these two amps with 3 batteries. The only noticable thing I did different from the Autotek was I had re-wired the box terminals last night cause my speaker wire runs were too short.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

Update:

So I took my DMM out to the truck to check out things and sure enough my subs were not wired in series like I though. So the amps were seeing 1ohms per sub. So I rewired the subs and triple checked with my DMM and saw a 2.4 and 2.5ohm load respectively. The output was better but still not as loud as the autotek and the boost isn't working either. I might have gotten the wrong RJ11 splitter. I've also notice that high pitch sound coming from my subs again. I thought that this was due to a bad channel on my Autotek, but now I getting the same sound from the Kickers. I've got a video of the sound and I'll post it on the DC sub forum here. But as for the Kickers' what am I doing wrong with the boost?

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

So I emailed Kicker support last night to see if they had any thoughts. They told me to try the boost on each amp independently to see what happens. Sure enough the boost works on both amps. So I know believe my issue lies with either the RJ11 splitter that I used or the phone cord that I ran to the front of the truck. Either way I'll get that resolved sometime this week. I've also discovered engine noise within the system. This is a first for this truck and I believe I know why. When I had the Autotek in the truck I had it under the second row seats. I was able to keep the RCA wires and power wires separate yet on the same side of the truck (driver side). Now that I have two ZX amps I wasn't able to fit both under the second row seats. So I mounted one of the amp to the sub box. However in order to do that I had to run the power wire that I had coming inside of the truck back further to the back to reach the third battery and the power fuse block for the other ZX amp. The RCA wires going to that second amp are on the same side as the power wires. About a good 17inch of the run side by side. I realize that this would cause some issue but I FUBAR my order of RCA wires from Knu. So now I'm going to have to order new RCA wires from Knu (8 meter instead of 4) and run all my RCA wires on the passenger side of the truck.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

• 1 month later...

Put in the new RJ11 phone splitter that I got from HomeDepot because RadioShack doesn' sell them anymore. Anyway put the new splitter in and now I can controll the boost on both amps off of one knob controller.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes