I can't believe you are complaining about those minor scrates.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

I agree with everyone that said not to send the sub back. I don't own a single sub that doesn't have a scratch on it. Sharpie and touch up pin will fix it in seconds. With or without the scratches it will still be loud.

J&T DESIGNS

M5

4 Audioque 15's copper coils dropping Audiopipe, and picking up DB DRIVE OKUR

Powermasters

XS POWER

Dropping MaxxSonics

Pioneer

******UPDATE*********

So i was gonna wait to give you guys the update, but since i havent been here in awhile and see how much attention this post has gotten, i thought i should update you guys now.

The day after my last post, Scott emailed me the next day. To make a very long story very short, He was extremely helpful and is sending my out a new unit with a return postage for the other. He kept in touch with me and provided extremely good customer service to see how I wanted to handle the situation. My sub is still on the way, but based on the way Scott took care of me, I am definately reminded why i first chose FI audio. They have excellent customer service. Im suprised why there not on jd powers and associates ranking for customer service. lol

Anyways, I can hear how all you guys say its not a big deal, but to me it is. When i bought my first FI sub, It came in perfect condition, so i had a standard i was expecting the sub to be in. The sub i first received was definately not anywhere near the condition as my first. And yes i do work hard for my money, so everything counts to me. Lets say i was to resale the subwoofer without the box, and my customer was to see the damage done to it. He might not necessarily believe me when i say "oh FI sent it to me that way...." You guys might not care of your stuff looks, but i am definately a perfectionst.

Back to the subject. I just want everyone to know how great a guy Scott and the FI team are. They got in contact with me extremely fast, provided excellent customer service, that exceeded my expectations. If you are deciding between Fi and maybe another company, i think you should put serious thought into FI just because you know they are going to have the customer service to back it up.

I plan to post NEW pictures of thew NEW sub, once i get it.

Glad its resolved, that was good on Fi's side, but damn man

Fi isn't a show quality sub, its meant for extreme use in almost all installs, and to complain about a few scratches, gawd damn

If it was chrome plated, and made to look all flashy in a Plexi box, and then there was scratches, then I would complain, but not with a unpainted gray frame....

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

i wasnt looking for show quality, but i was looking for good quality. Its one thing for a couple small scratches, its another for big gashes. You might not think that they are bad, but in person, in my eyes, it was. If a sub like that brand new out the box looks like that, and your happy, then you and I definately have different standards. If FI believes its ok for all there subs to be shipped out to customers, then please let me know, because im sure there are a lot of other companies who are a direct comparison to FI that would ship me a sub in perfect condition.

So if that sub that i got sent, becomes the standard for companies to sell to customers, then when does it get so bad, that a customer CAN speak out? If we keep quite, then companies will continue to let stuff like that slide right? I said this on the *** forums, and ill say it here. Scott told me he was glad i was voicing my opinion, because forums "serves to ensure that we keep the best customer service possible."

All in all, I still think FI is the best company, and would recommend it to anyone without any hesitation.

Archived