So i just received my BTL about an hour ago, and since i just bought myself a nice touchscreen sony camera, i thought i would document the unboxing, install, and everything. But since i am a little frusterated with FI right now, i figure i would vent. I purchased a 12" btl back in December, and was 105% satisfied with quality and everything about the sub. I got bored of the 12" so i sold it and now moving up to a 15". But this time around, im left feeling a little doubtful about FI product.

Ill post specs and then vent:

BTL15

DUAL 1 | DUAL 2

Fs: 35.6 Hz | 34.6 Hz

Re: 0.7 Ohms/coil | 1.4 Ohms/coil

Qms: 5.72 | 5.90

Qes: .24 | .22

Qts: .23 | .22

Mms: 256g | 272g

Sd: 810cm^2 | 810cm^2

Vas: 71.6 l | 71.6 l

Spl: 93.2dB 1W/1m | 93.1dB 1W/1m

Bl: 18.3 N/A | 27.2 N/A

Xmax: 28mm * | 28mm *

Rms: 2000W * | 2000W *

Sealed box: N/A cuft | N/A cuft

Ported box: 3-5cuft | 3-5cuft

Sub OD: 15.625” | 15.625”

Cut ID: 14.125” | 14.125”

Mounting depth: 8.750” | 8.750”

Displacement: 0.21cuft | 0.21cuft

Product code: 00215

Price: i paid $469 with full options and shipped to my house.

now for my concerns:

I purchased the sub on march 10 and just received it today. march 31. took them 21 days to ship, but after emailing there support, i got back an email that said they where on backorder for the magnets. no biggie.

Now after opening the box, i was very happy to smell that brand new sub smell. Its almost like the new car scent, but more..... nail polish like :) As i started to take many detailed pics as you will see, i started seeing lots and lots of scratches and damage to the magnet and the casing i guess? I took as many detailed pics as possible so you would be able to see where it is, and get an idea of how many different spots are damaged. but here, less talk, more pics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i mean, is this the way subs come normally? My 12" btl out the box was definately spotless. I really would like to return it, but its too much of a hassle. I work 50+ hours a week, and waited 3 weeks anticipating gettin this sub and thats what i received.... Kinda hopeless, just feel like FI really let me down this time, since i always brag too everyone i know about the brand, hence my previous review, and videos on youtube.

I can understand ur frustration, but those scratches won't change the way they perform....and I know " it's the principle of the thing ", but imo....you have a NICE sub!! Hope it does good for you ( the sub ) and I hope you feel better now, having vented ur frustrations!

"loud 'cause its clipped like a 7yr olds buzz cut" -Decaf

"unfortunately i'm still tuned high as Giraffe pussy" -Twistedchild420

Well In my perspective, we can kinda compare it to a car. I just bought the Lamborghini of subwoofers, and though it may perform well, it is physically damaged on the outside. Wouldn't that hurt the value of the sub, or in this case the car? Im really not trying to bash on FI, because I love there products, and swore by it for life when I got my first 12" btl from them. But this makes me not so sure. I believe all companys should have quality assurance, and like great companys out there, Apple, Hyundai, Verizon Wireless..... They would make sure things where right for the customer. I hope I can reach out to someone that works at FI, and they read this, because it would suck for another customer to receive a product like mine. I guess I got screwed on this. :*(

Wow! Some those photo you show look mess up on the sub. I don't know if they ever notice those tiny stratches and damage before shipping it. I wouldn't be a happy customers after see that.

Archived