Fiberglass Amp "rack"

I love that idea, very creative! My wife would kill me if I tried it though. I want to see how these turn out, looking great so far though.

thanks.

try it while shes gone for a day :diablo:

Now thats the spirit.

Anyways, had to work late, no progress today.... everything looks pretty good on it though. The only think im concerned a little about is the back side lifts up extremely close to the amp. Worst case scenario is I have to put a thin board in to space the amp out a bit I guess. I took a better look at the ripple and it looks mostly rippled in, so it shouldn't take much grinding to get it fixed, just some filler hopefully. since the glass is pretty much completely for looks and isn't really structural, im thinking one more layer should do it?

nice updates!! looks really good for sure!

I guess if it doesn't ill make some modifications to the seat :diablo:

bahahahah i like the mindset you have :)

i did find one ripple on the top after the resin dried. i guess the weight brought it down enough to get some extra material. it isnt that bad so hopefully it wont be a big deal to correct.

nah shouldnt be too hard to fix i would think. i did it box that had some ripples and i used filler to even it out. then some sanding and it was golden. as for the extra layers, even tho it's not going to be structural, layers will still help it structurally (never know what you'll run into) and even more so, i'd add enough layers to make sure it's solid when you push on it with a decent amount of force. never know what people in the back will be doing. the more flexible it is, the weaker it is and prone to damage.

otherwise i say get this thing done! i'm liking this so far

nice updates!! looks really good for sure!

bahahahah i like the mindset you have :)

nah shouldnt be too hard to fix i would think. i did it box that had some ripples and i used filler to even it out. then some sanding and it was golden. as for the extra layers, even tho it's not going to be structural, layers will still help it structurally (never know what you'll run into) and even more so, i'd add enough layers to make sure it's solid when you push on it with a decent amount of force. never know what people in the back will be doing. the more flexible it is, the weaker it is and prone to damage.

otherwise i say get this thing done! i'm liking this so far

well... you gotta do what you gotta do.

aight, thanks, then hopefully it wont be to bad to even it out

yea, i guess i probably should load more than just one more layer on... though there is rarely anyone sitting back there, epecially on the drivers side since i always have my seat back. but better safe now than sorry later. im actually probably going to end up with a battery or two somewhere back there... we shall find out.

thanks for the encouragement.

Thats a Pretty Smart Place to Stick an Expensive Amp... Good Job :)

But anyways looks Good~

so... sometimes my sarcasm meter breaks.... saying its an expensive amp kinda throws me off... so im not positive on your exact meaning, but thanks for the compliment either way. :)

Archived