How About These For Sq Amps?

Guest DC Power Kyle

they'd better be for 900 bucks.

damn.

Guest KyleCannon

Well, they are Tube Drivers.... so they will produce the richest sound available... i wish i could afford to get one for my mids :(

well you gotta love or hate tubes.

personally I'd go class a bias before i went tube.

but Im weird too.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

they'd better be for 900 bucks.

damn.

900 bucks isn't bad for a clean power amp ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

has anyone heard of http://tom-morrow-land.com/tests/ampchall/ ?

i'm kinda a believer in that, I couldnt hear a difference between my 50 dollar onkyo HT amp and a 2000 and some dollar dennon. I cant tell the difference between a PDX amp and a sundown amp

as long as an amp is played within it's linear limits, its extremely hard to tell the difference between amps, and the sound of a tube amp can be created by playing with the eq a little, or running a modified crossover.

plus, tube amps+constant vibration and bumps=/=working amp

i'd spend the money on better speakers or processors before i dropped 900 bux when i can get something that works equally as well, imperceptibly different, for half the price

its like those nakamichi h/u's that are rated at .0005% THD or whatever, you cant tell the difference between .0005 and .1 without a computer, even .1 and 3.0 sound near the same to the ear, and unless you have great speakers and a good ear you would never know.

just my .02

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

has anyone heard of http://tom-morrow-land.com/tests/ampchall/ ?

i'm kinda a believer in that, I couldnt hear a difference between my 50 dollar onkyo HT amp and a 2000 and some dollar dennon. I cant tell the difference between a PDX amp and a sundown amp

as long as an amp is played within it's linear limits, its extremely hard to tell the difference between amps, and the sound of a tube amp can be created by playing with the eq a little, or running a modified crossover.

plus, tube amps+constant vibration and bumps=/=working amp

i'd spend the money on better speakers or processors before i dropped 900 bux when i can get something that works equally as well, imperceptibly different, for half the price

its like those nakamichi h/u's that are rated at .0005% THD or whatever, you cant tell the difference between .0005 and .1 without a computer, even .1 and 3.0 sound near the same to the ear, and unless you have great speakers and a good ear you would never know.

just my .02

1st. I can't say much for the "link" that was posted, But that is "Personal" and that's all that need be said about that.

2nd. I very much agree with "raytard". I would spend my hard earned dollars on a quality install (Speaker placement is absolutely the most important thing! Good speakers in great locations, beat; great speakers in good locations every time!) then better speakers, Then I would worry about the signal, head unit, processors, and amps.

I know this may not be exactly what what you want to hear, but it's been beaten into my head during the past 22 years in this sport.

Please keep us updated on the project. Curious minds want to know more.

This is just something that i always end up debating with people

look at like a top of the line jl audio amp and a sony xplod...or even a hifonics and a nakamichi

find the frequency response chart (pasmag.com has stuff like that for alot of amps, alot of audio mags do high quality samples, independently)

i guarantee, even looking at the highest quality charts, you'll be hard pressed to find any difference quality (linearity) wise, just differences in wattage at a given THD.

but, i mean, feel free to debate how a 900 dollar amp that does 75 watts and a 400 dollar one that does the same thing is better.

x2 on the speaker placement though, you would be shocked what can be done with "budget" equipment sq wise if its done correctly

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

I have and still do hear a difference, in brightness, warmth, etc.

I know my partner ryan can not hear most differences.

but we were not doing comparable refrences in the begining of this thread, I stated that I like class a bias over tube.

Completely different sounds.

Now you are correct most people could listen to 2 class a/b amps and not tell a difference.

Im just saying that I have an ear that does tell a difference.

Shit it's my job to "hear" things..lol

for my latest example.

Audison lrx vs. dls reference

The dls was ALOT brighter than the audison up at high freq.

freq responce was almo9st identical between the 2 amplifiers.

Just my .02

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Archived