I tried to search but got an error saying one or more of my search words were below 4 letters (rca). I have seen where some have made their own and was wondering where people get their connectors and cable plus what to look for as far as quality, type and brand.

Edited by Airborne

Really it's not that hard. I don't know if there's a thread or place to find em, but I use to cut them up and make them back in the day because I was too cheap to buy what I needed. Just used old shit lyin around to make new stuff.

What are you trying to do? Have a larger gauge RCA?

EDIT: Search for 'RCAs' :D

Edited by Neo_frog

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Really it's not that hard. I don't know if there's a thread or place to find em, but I use to cut them up and make them back in the day because I was too cheap to buy what I needed. Just used old shit lyin around to make new stuff.

What are you trying to do? Have a larger gauge RCA?

EDIT: Search for 'RCAs' :D

I just want to make as much of the little things as I can. I even make my own cable ends out of copper pipe. I was wondering if guitar cable is sufficient and what to look for as far as resistance and quality connectors.

And I should have added the "S" to my search, thanks man.

ask kingsuv, he just made a shit load. he can probably tell you where to get the stuff to make your own :)

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

You can use guitar cable, Mic cable, raw twisted pair, etc. I use a twisted pair with a 100% shielded casing Theres a bunch of different types of wire, ends, coverings, and treatments you can do to make yours. If your going to do a couple nice ones, it may be more cost effective to buy them. I bought big bulks for mine to be worth making them up. Even then it's very time consuming. But if you do end up making your own then can be a way better product then what you would buy.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

You can use guitar cable, Mic cable, raw twisted pair, etc. I use a twisted pair with a 100% shielded casing Theres a bunch of different types of wire, ends, coverings, and treatments you can do to make yours. If your going to do a couple nice ones, it may be more cost effective to buy them. I bought big bulks for mine to be worth making them up. Even then it's very time consuming. But if you do end up making your own then can be a way better product then what you would buy.

Yeah, I was just looking around at prices and it looks like Knu will be cheaper than me making a couple of my own. But I could justify it by re-doing all of the home audio (friggin spaghetti in three rooms). Where is a good place to get twisted cable" I was on PE and a couple of other sites and didn't see any.

I use Mogami cable for mine. Theres a ton of wire makers out there. I like their specs the best.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)