Sundown Audio

T30001bd

hi just wanted to know if it is normal for the T30001BD amp to get hotter on one 1 side than the other beacuese mine has been latly been getting not majour hot but it is hotter on the top bit of the heatsink on the speaker termainl side than on the power input side as that stays cooler also both of the side heatsinks stay cool

Thanks

Edited by no1singh123

First off, what ohm are you running the amp at?

From my expierence with the Power series amps that Ive messed with the right side of the amp runs a tad hotter then the left side. The right side has the power supply on the pcb and this will cause extra heat.

On many amps the power supply side runs hotter then the output section/side.

As long as your not kicking thermal protect I dont think Id be too concerned with the heat, tho Id put my ear to the air vent holes on the top to listen for the fan(s) to make sure they are both working (theres one on each side of the amp in the middle of the pcb). When the amp gets heated up the fans really kick in and are easier to be heard. You may have to remove the beauty cover (2 screws) to access the air vent holes if not already off, and you could try running the amp without that on to see if the amp runs a bit cooler if its currently on.

running a fi btl at 1 ohm and the thermal lights never gone on also will try and see if the fan working on the left side as that the side which is getting hotter the power supply side is cooler how easy are the fans to replace just in-case its not working

also are the fans always working or do they only kick in when the amp gets hot

Thanks

im not sure if they run consistantly and just speed up when hot, but you can really hear them humming when the amp is hot.

The fans remove pretty simple, just got to take the 4 or so screws off on the black panel with all your settings on it, then theres 2 or 3 screws on the top piece, and a plastic clip that holds in the plastic piece by the rca's. You have to pull the fuse too, and the black plastic underneath the fuse is just cliped in to the amps cover.

Its pretty easy in all to do, but I wouldnt do it if the amp is under warranty because that will void it.

If it is a dead fan, Im pretty sure I have one off a old 20001bd or 10001bd that is the same size if needed

Im pretty sure I have one off a old 20001bd or 10001bd that is the same size if needed

Thanks but live too far all the way in the United Kingdom to take it off you but is it just a standard pc fan or something only rockford can supply also its way past warrerty

Thanks

I think the standard pc fans are 80mm and 120mm in most cases.

I want to say the power 10001bd is smaller then a common 80mm pc fan, but its very possible for the bigger rf power amps to run a bigger fan.

Id have to open up amps to check to be certain tho.

A computer fan would work if you found the right size, I know www.newegg.com (trusted online computer store) sells many many many sizes of fans, so you could get virturally any size needed.

Just have to make sure you get a simple 2 wire (pos and neg) fan, and not a 3 wire (speed controlled) fan.

I know companies like stinger sells fans that are 80mm and maybe a few other sizes, but your paying $10-$15 per fan when you can buy a fan from newegg.com with a higher airflow rate for $3 bucks.

If I get time ill open my 10001bd up tonight to see fan size, but id have to wait to check the 20001bds because those are at my shop with a pile of shit on top. Lol

played some music today on a decent level about 24/35 on alpine 9886 for about a good 15 mins and both fans didn't turn on however the power supply side stayed cool whereas the other side stayed warm near hot also wanted to know if the fans are always on as both fans didnt turn on

Thanks