Car Wants To Stall When Music Turned Up

ok so my buddie just bought 2 12 inch diamond audio d9 subs and 2 d6 1500.1 amps....when he turns it up past 22 the car starts to run like shit and sometimes it dies..we only have one of the amps hooked up until we find out the problem... we have 0 gauge ran from the batt. to the amp, but no big 3 yet... do you think the big 3 will fix this problem? if not what should we do? ive been hooking up systems for about 8 or so years now and ive never ran accros this... thanks in advance to anyone that can help

xbox 360 gamertag-greenrocks420

Not insulting you or anything, but did you just call us "bloody winging fairies" ?

Have you monitored your voltage at all? If it's a stock battery and alternator, it's possible you're stalling from under-voltage. I'm surprised the car still turns on.

If the car is older, however, it could be a different problem since the PCM wouldn't regulate the voltage. That would take a bit of research in the car.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

stock alt? if so you'll want to upgrade the alt soon and def get teh big 3 done.. makes a big difference.

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

sounds like it needs a bigger alt and batteyr

Ya your voltage is dropping to 10-9 volts alot crazy stuff happens at that voltage a voltage your car and amp was no ment to run on big 3 add a batt fast befor you start frying things other than your amp and subs

9 volts = fire

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Obviously the battery is dying and starving the distributer/coil packs of juice. Bigger battery will solve it. Mine did it with my 3000d until I stepped up a couple hundred cranking amps. Try putting the car on a trickle charger overnight until he gets a new batt or more batts. BTW wallmart has the everstart batteries with 875ca for like $62. Good temp battery till cash flows in.

Also get that big 3 done asap. Not only are you causing the alt to heat up more than normal your killing it too by trying to make it run the car and not just charge the battery.

Edited by Zade08

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape

Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592

All out for a rebuild.

New shit coming in the next 30 days.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg