Sundown Audio

Amp Took A Shi@

zaxfire69

Yeah the ole American Bass VFL 150.1 finally kicked the bucket. Was driving out of town yesterday bumping it @.7 ohms for about 1 1/2 hours straight. Listening to some blues. Cranked it up on some BB King and pop no subs. I knew it probably kicked the bucket. WELL>>>>>>>> Any suggestions for a amp that will do 3000+ watts and cost me 500-600 dollars??

Edited by zaxfire69

a kicker ZX2500.1 will do around 2750 @ 2 ohms.

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

or you could get a 2 channel amp, that does 1500-1800 per channel at 1 ohm on each channel...

just throwin

http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/XXVColossus.aspx

or the audiopipe ap30001d its 1500 per channel at 1 ohm, and its 3k rms at 2 ohms

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

no warrenty at 1/2 ohm but they will play that low perhaps try and get that AB fixxed Im sure DB-R can probably do it

I love the AB and Chris already fixed it once. I think I am gonna keep it and try another amp or two out. Give something else a chance. My AB was on its last leg as it was. Running at .7 ohms at 3/4 volume for an hour and a half. I kinda asked for it, but this week was a hell of a week and I needed some relief. BB King was doing the thing untill the subs stopped playin.