I have a question about remote starts and 2-ways. I see alot of older cars (1987 on down to like 1970) with those 2-way LCD alarms with the remote start in magazines and on TV. Im new at this but i could of sworn that you have to have fuel injection for those. Is it true or am i looking at this wrong? I would like something like this on my ride. I have a 1985 Grand National Clone.

Current Setup:

Sony CDX-7401UI

2- 12" Alpine TypeR DVC2ohm Subs

Custom ported box

4-American Bass 6.5in SQ-6B Mids

4-Pioneer TS-T15 Tweeters

2-Crunch P1500.1 Mono Amps

2-runs 1/0 GA KnuKonceptz

KnuKonceptz RCA's

1-Stinger SPV44 Battery

Coming soon:

250 Amp Alt

Custom Door Panels

Second Skin Sound Deadner

All in my 1986 Monte Carlo SS!!!

im not sure but my boy got oen fo those lcd screen alarms and what not.. he has to disarm the alarm then unlock it by hand he has a 88 impala and they said since its not automatic they cant do remote start or remote unlock they can only sensor it but he has to unlock it with a key.... i hope im on subject i didnt understand the question that good.

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

if its a clone shouldnt it have fuel injection i mean it is turbo charged correct ?

and it is possible to do them on carburetors (spelling) vehicles as long as you daont have to pump gas but even then an actuator on the throttle cable would work but not recommended for noobs

must be nice huh

red navi if its not an auto it can be done but most shops wont because its a liability huge time also he can get actuators to solve the door lock problem

must be nice huh

ahh.. i see i got u..well another lesson learned..i stand my statement haha

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

you CAN do manuals (neutral safety switch is highly reccomended, but not essential, it will work without it but you run the risk of it starting in gear which is veryeryvery bad)

you CAN do a car with no power locks (either disarm and unlock with key, or use aftermarket actuators)

carburetor is not something you'd want to mess with...chokes, pumping gas, unpredictable crank times...its all possible but not really something you'd want to mess with

(a lot of people put crate motors with fuel injection into older cars when the motor dies, we've had a few cars come through for remote starts and alarms that were basically resto-rods with a new crate motor and wheels and suspension, but old body and interior, classic style and modern running and reliability)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

you CAN do manuals (neutral safety switch is highly reccomended, but not essential, it will work without it but you run the risk of it starting in gear which is veryeryvery bad)

you CAN do a car with no power locks (either disarm and unlock with key, or use aftermarket actuators)

carburetor is not something you'd want to mess with...chokes, pumping gas, unpredictable crank times...its all possible but not really something you'd want to mess with

(a lot of people put crate motors with fuel injection into older cars when the motor dies, we've had a few cars come through for remote starts and alarms that were basically resto-rods with a new crate motor and wheels and suspension, but old body and interior, classic style and modern running and reliability)

very well put thanks ray for the clarification lol

must be nice huh

youre welcome, lol

i kinda finally buckled down and learned my DEI stuff, i'm at school during training so I had to learn it myself

Edited by raytard

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

yeah i got you bro i love alarms just not good at explaining in detail i guess i should learn that lol

must be nice huh

I lol'd at the imagery.

Walking out to your car. You're trying to show off, so you nudge the person next to you and say "Watch this." Hit the button and it runs into another car.

Then the announcer says "Wanna get away?"

IDK, maybe it's just me.

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert