Ah Yes. Another Camry :)

Where did you ground your engine block* to? I'm going to be doing the Big 3 sometime end of this week.

019xkt.jpg

Now that's a good pic =]

I've noticed your camry has a tail. How does that go?

Also, you should great stuff foam under your lid. It helped my camry a whole bunch and increased the bass.

Edited by moh.vze.com

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

The spoiler is very floppy. I got a can of great stuff yesterday and got it put in today and got some more sound mat put up in the rear deck but have not got a chance to really bump it yet. I took some advice and turned the sub around so it's rear firing now.

The only ground I did for the engine block was from the battery. I followed the instructions that came with my Iraggi alternator. I have to agree with the theory that implies the engine block is pretty much grounded to the frame through the mounts.

The instructions said to go from the negative post of the battery to the body, negative battery to the engine block and negative battery to the frame. It also said to ground the alternator to the frame at the same location as the battery ground. I grounded the alt from the case to the frame. For positive wires it instructs to run an unfused line from battery to alternator and also recommends running a 4 gauge cable from the positive terminal to the main fuse block but good luck getting that done because the fuse block is crazy in this car. I think it's an 8 gauge black and green wire that runs from the battery to the fuse block to the alternator. I just ran straight from battery to alt skipping the fuse block upgrade. There are actually 5 upgrades in this method rather then 3.

I'd take pics of the what I got done today but- sound deadening yank yank

The next update will come when I get back on the term lab. I have some pretty high expectations, it is sounding pretty damn good right now.

Holy cow. Iraq makes it so confusing. I'm going to stick with the big 3 thread on this forum -.-

If it doesn't rain tomorrow, I'll be working on the big 3 upgrade.

When I was replacing my stock battery, I saw that the stock ground was under the battery. How strange.

I've seen a lot of Camry installs and this guy on another forum claims that this kinda sub box positioning is loudest for this type of car:

145_128.jpg

145_131.jpg

his other camry

cam3yo4.jpg

cam6fu5.jpg

Edited by moh.vze.com

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

I'm very impressed with the wiring! and the picture of the dog with his head in the box is great!

and lol that tan shit looks like total ass in that other guys camry

Edited by doug118

Thanks for the nods on the build. I've put a lot of effort into it

I haven't read the big three thread on this page but I will tell you grounding the engine to the frame with a $4.00 per foot cable is a waste of your money. Look at the battery and start from there. It's no so confusing

3 wires on the negative terminal. One to body, one to Frame, and one to engine block. The positive cables go to alt, to system, to fuse block, to starter. Just worry about the one running to the alternator here.

morepowercablestuff008.jpg

This picture displays the cables I made to replace the factory ground setup for the battery

groundcables002oi7.jpg

If you look back at the top picture you can clearly see a positive wire running over to the alternator from the battery. That's as simple as it gets.

This is where I grounded from the alternator

newbeltaltground004uc2.jpg

That cable runs to here

lastpics012.jpg

The ground from the battery to the frame grounds here as well, as instructed by Irragi. I bought a 1/4" 20tpi tap and got a stainless steal bolt to secure this after I got the frame nice and shiny with a wire wheel. The location is pretty much in the center of the frame right below the two fans.

That's all you need to worry about doing the big three.

I was being an asshole last night when I originally posted this so I changed it to make me look like a nice guy.

Edited by adamt