I Have A Few Questions Before I Decide If I Want To Bag My 95 Mustang Gt

A guy I know that owns an audio shop is willing to sell me a full kit that he paid $1150 for and said that he will give it to me for what he paid... and help me install it for free, since Iv never messed with bags before. Bags and mounting brackets are from airride technologies and it comes with a 5 gallon tank, 1 compressor, lines, 2 solenoids for front/back(thats all I want), and for now just two wired up switches untill I would be able to get the airride digital controls. Is this a good deal? Also what kind of ride quality can I expect from the car after the installation (will it be a smooth ride)? Will it still handle like a sports car or will it be like driving a luxary car with horibble cornering...

I also know that Ill need guages till I go digital so what are a few good quality brands to look at?

Any help is appriciated.

thanx,

Jose

theres no telling how well your cars going to ride with out knowing which kit your friend has. airride technologies does post there prices on there web site. I do know that airride technologies = $$$$$$ and is very good stuff. They make a tuner kit we just put in a camero and it is sick! Corners well handles the 383 stroker well and lays out when he parks it :) im using viair gauges with zero problems im on my 3rd set.

Edited by Big P

Air Rides site is Air Ride Technologies

Their kits are nice.

Dakota Digital makes digital air gauges and you can get the digital gauges from Air Ride also. You will need a sending unit on the bag side of the air line with a wire to each gauge you run. Now I can't confirm this, but for a while I have been seeing people having faults/errors with their digital gauges. It is on their forum. It was something that all the grounds for the sending units have to go back to the ground on the battery. Its been a while but it was something like that. I have regular analog gauges for mine.

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

Yea Iv been trying to save up for air rides shockwave and air strut combo but it will end up running me around $4000 for the compressor kit and everything...This guy has their coolride bag system but the compressor, tank, and all the rest isnt air ride. I dont know if the solenoids are or not. What makes the diff. between a good ride and a bad one; bags, solenoids, air pressure sensors...

Would I be able to have control over the stiffness of the ride some if I was to install some real good fully adjustable shocks and struts for the car, something like billstiens or tokiko luminas?

Thanks for the advice so far, Im going to look into the dakota digital guages... Iv allready looked at the air ride ones, they go for $750

I bet you will get more lift with the cool ride kit. The shockwaves don't really have that much stroke because of the shocks limits ,I bet 6" of stoke. The shockwaves do have adjustable dampening in the shock and it works well. I use to have them on the front my my t-bird. The rule for adustment (when i had them) was 1 click for every 10psi you run. You drive at 60psi turn the adjuster 6 clicks.

NO, it doesn't have to be air ride brand. To be honest they have good stuff and good service, but I personally see them as an older guys/street rodder supplier. Someone who might be a little lost, has more money, and wants to ask questions and have good service type of buisness. They sell the Firestone bags for $100 something a bag, the exact same firestone bag Suicidedoors sell for $70.

Air rides valves are nice and they want to use the "bubble tight" phrase and it fancy but I have had SMC vavles for 8 years and they work fine for $32 a valves.

For used equpiment look over the bags for any makes that they have been rubbing.

1st  SMD "System of the Month" Feb. 2007

Zapco Studio 500 (2)

Zapco Studio 300X

Zapco Studio 204 (2)

(2) FI 12ssd's w/ copper coils

DLS Iridium Tweeters

DLS UR2.5 MidRange

FI. N.7 Midbass

JL Audio TWK 88 

Mechman 370A Elite Alternator

I dont know what kind of valves it comes with but for the price I think Im gunna jump on the kit. Worse comes to worse I can take it back off and sell it for more hopefully. Im just worried that Im gunna install it and the cars gunna drive like a boat and lean into corners too much if you know what I mean... I drive the car hard on the streets sometimes. Iv been into car audio and performance for a long time but Im a complete newbie when it comes to bags. I might go see it tomorrow so Ill be able to give a more detailed description of the compenents that it comes with. The bags looked new when I first saw them but Ill take a closer look... any other pointers as to what I should pay attention too?

Thanx for the link, I just wrote to a guy on there that works for ride tech and asked him a few questions... now I just need to wait till I hear back from him. Im about to go pay the guy half the money fot the set-up and give him the other half once I get paid on wed. I just hope Im not making a bad decision on this and that if it doesnt work out that I can at least sell it for what I paid.

What do you mean I may have more problems with the lift?

You might not be able to air up high enof for your liking.

You may not be able to lift high enof to clear large opstickles like monster speed bumps or steep drive ways. Youll have to hit the larger things at an angle.

You might need to run high pressure to clear large rims and tires. But from the sounds of it you want a stiff ride so that shouldn't be an issue. We had to go down from 18s to 17s because the front wheels wouldn't clear the front fenders. It was a 1968 camero.