I don't think you want to do that because it use alots of fuel and cost $1000. Anther things you have to know someone who can fix it too. Here some stuff i saw you can do. I know some link you can do it too.

What do you actually need to turbo a honda?

Required:

Turbo

Manifold

Downpipe

Wastegate (Internal or External)

Oil Feed line

Oil Return line

Water lines (if turbo is watercooled)

Piping (If not using an Intercooler just enough piping to route back to throttle body)

Piping Couplings

Blowoff Valve (not reccomended to not use one do to compressor surge)

Injectors (saturated or unsaturated)

Fuel Management (**Must HAVE!!**) Many choices to choose from

Vacuum lines

Misc. clamps,hoses, and bolts

Recommended:

Intercooler (air to air, or air to liquid)

Oil Sandwich adapter

Gauges (atleast boost)

air filter

255LPH HP Fuel pump

wastegate dumptube

Enhancements:

Boost Controller

3bar Map Sensor

Wideband o2 sensor

Extra gauges (oil press, egt, oil temp, etc)

gauge pod

Stronger axles

Forged Internals

Turbo Timer

Bigger Intake Manifold

Turbo camshafts

Traction Bars

3in exhaust

They are big money but man the horsepower you get...my brother in law has twin turbos on a cobra and he has 808 hp at the rear tires and he is only using a 21.5 lbs.....he is going to 28 and will be well over 1000 at the tires

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

As mentioned, do not turbo a stock motor! You will be pissed after a few months when you are pulling the motor!

To do it the right way, either pull your engine, or locate a nice one to start a build on(h22 for example) and work on it and build it for the turbo. Internals, intake, all the goodies. Then, so you do not tear up the rest of your car, work on the suspension and drive train. You will most likely want to get some thicker drive axles because the stock ones will almost surely break.

I know a poster mentioned this already, but just want you to understand how important it is to do correctly.

Edited by cunokyle

The woofers might suck all the air out your lungs

(if you stand too close)

When the monster hums

well i got a 94 civic with a jdm b18b engine STOCK...

i wanna turbo it with about 9 pounds daily.. but i wanna keep it reliable too...

what are some parts on the motor i should consider upgrading ?

http://www.full-race.com/

if you're buying a kit, that's the place to go trust me. dont even think about ebay please.

i also have some parts for you depending on what you need

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

lol @ ppl saying not to boost a stock motor. dood boost it, just make sure u get it tuned properly, im just finishing up a b18a1 swap into my 90 civic hatch. then in a few months ima boost it, i got pretty much everything other than intercooler piping and upgraded injectors

if ur looking for estimated price, heres my price list, i pieced it together but u can just buy a kit (if u find a nice used kit grab it)

Turbo -Holset he351cw------------------------------------- $150 (sold it and got a smaller turbo for same price)

Turbo Manifold $60 (cast iron)

Half Rad & SlimFan----------------------------------------- $120 (EG half rad)

BOV - ARC $20 (used-got a good deal)

Boost Controller- Turbonetics------------------------------ $55

Wastegate- Turbonetics $60 (used from a buddy)

Vacuum Block- Golden Eagle------------------------------ $30

Brass fittings $10

Intercooler- Greddy------------------------------------------ $100 (used)

Chipped Ecu $115 (obd1 pr4 running crome)

Walbro fuel pump-------------------------------------------- $35 (killer ass deal)

Oil gauge- Autometer---------------------------------------- $30

Boost gauge- Autometer $30

MSD Wideband o2 sensor ------------------------------------ $250

¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯

seems like alot, but i parted out another civic i had so i only ended up spending like 2 bills out of pocket

the only shit left is intercooler piping, injectors and tuning hardware, but i dont think ill buy that stuff yet. plans are 10 psi stock, and anyone saying u cant boost on stock internals doesnt really know a good tuner. ive seen ppl run 15-20psi stock on a very good tune. but thats pushing it for me. but i dont wanna get into a whole debate on this. just search it and u will see. pm me if u want more info

siggy.jpg

HA, I find that hard to believe unless Honda is putting forged internals in all of their vehicles...which they arent......i agree with you that you can turbo anything but I dont care if you have the best tune in the world you put enough boost to it....youll be seeing pistons flying out the hood of your car....thats a guarantee

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

You can run about 8 pounds of boost reliably on a stock Honda motor if you have an efficient enough system (meaning don't use a tiny turbo that superheats the air, and have a good intercooler). Any more than that and you will want to go forged internals. You can buy a kit or piece one together, but either way get a GOOD tuneable ECU; my recommendation is a Hondata S300. Get it dyno tuned by a reliable shop, and get ready for years of boosted performance. Just remember that if you do blow it up, it's an excuse to go full-tilt on the internals and run some more boost! =P Seriously though, if you are going to run 9-10psi, I would have a backup car to use as a daily in case you pop the motor. I'm not sure about the JDM B18B, but I know a weak point on the USDM motor of the same code (the Integra LS motor) is the pistons; if you overboost, they tend to melt. I would recommend a thicker head gasket at the very least if you will run stock motor. Maybe tune it a little on the rich side for safety. Either way, put pics up!

Too many projects, too little time...