Second Skin Audio

What Do I Do...

fox_racin4

i got a caviler and the speakers in the back are 6.5s and 6x9 JLs now.... when ive got the system going the pressure from the subs moves the speakers to their xmax and the subs arnt even going full tilt i was thinking or porting the rear deck but i want to put "ports" from a box ive got will that affet the tunning becasue theres a length to the port of will it not affect it?

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

i got a caviler and the speakers in the back are 6.5s and 6x9 JLs now.... when ive got the system going the pressure from the subs moves the speakers to their xmax and the subs arnt even going full tilt i was thinking or porting the rear deck but i want to put "ports" from a box ive got will that affet the tunning becasue theres a length to the port of will it not affect it?

Not sure if I fully understand the question, but adding length to the port will change the tuning. IIRC, it will drop it.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

I think he means that the pressure from the subs in the trunk is moving the speaker cones in the rear deck.

yes thats what i mean lol

well..if cutting the rear deck will make it louder then... that would be a bonus haha

i might just remove the 2 6.5s for now and see if its any better on the 6x9s it was pretty bad haah

the back speakers are also amped to so im sure gettin pressure from the subs and making them move while trying to play music isnt to good for them haha

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

I had that problem with the 6x9s in the back of my Grand Prix...I found some prefab enclosures and used those mounted on the stock ABS speaker mount thingies...You could make your own for the speakers, which would allow you to aim them towards you instead of up into the rear window.

OR...just make some baffles like micahmye said

Too many projects, too little time...

do your seats fold down?

if so porting through the rear deck would be somewhat useless.

i would say like everyone else and make some little sealed enclosures for them.

Archived