Just A Question Bout The For Sale Section

why dont we have raffles like other ca sites? it would be cool if some distributors sold some stuff like that, would be pritty cool for ppl that dont have the money to pay full price for stuff, like over stock items or somethin old they have, just sell tickets @ $20-$50 depends on items tho, and let ppl win stuff that way, just a thought, maby put some smd flare to it

just wantin to get opinions from other ppl on this n see if it will work out?

this aint intended for ppl tryin to sale personal items, only if they want to join in with it, but so ppl could win some stuff they prolly couldn't afford in the long run, just items that are a few $'s past some ppls budget and onece the seller meets there sale mark price with tickets then they can do what knot, but i can see how some ppl wont like it, i mean pay $20-$50 for somethin and get like 4 tickets out of 10 and dont win anything, i can see how that will fill, but maby throw in some connectors or fuses or somethin for runner ups n what knot, just a thought

so what yall think?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

why dont we have raffles like other ca sites? it would be cool if some distributors sold some stuff like that, would be pritty cool for ppl that dont have the money to pay full price for stuff, like over stock items or somethin old they have, just sell tickets @ $20-$50 depends on items tho, and let ppl win stuff that way, just a thought, maby put some smd flare to it

just wantin to get opinions from other ppl on this n see if it will work out?

this aint intended for ppl tryin to sale personal items, only if they want to join in with it, but so ppl could win some stuff they prolly couldn't afford in the long run, just items that are a few $'s past some ppls budget and onece the seller meets there sale mark price with tickets then they can do what knot, but i can see how some ppl wont like it, i mean pay $20-$50 for somethin and get like 4 tickets out of 10 and dont win anything, i can see how that will fill, but maby throw in some connectors or fuses or somethin for runner ups n what knot, just a thought

so what yall think?

Thats an idea

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

well its more that sellers get what there askin for and ppl get the fun of wining stuff that they payed for, and i kno some ppl that spend more than $20 on the lottery and dont win shyt and go spend more hopeing to win, and just have little prizes just so ppl dont get dummed down to thinkin they will never win anything n not try to do it again

atleast they can afford to buy more tickets, i mean like a $40 volt meter, sell 20 tickets at $2 each or somethin like that for starts, n for the ppl that loose give em a free ticket to play in another raffle or somethin like that, n for a amp thats like $800 sell 40 tickets @ $20 each or more n have a limit at start like, no one can buy more than 10 tickets at a time or somethin like that

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

yeah I think that'd be pretty cool to do. And we've got a mature enough gathering (for the most part thanks to the help of our admins) that I can see it going well.

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

The only problem I foresee is not being able to sell the tickets necessary to hold the raffle.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

y not have door prizes n then the big item? draw for the big item first, n then like 3 door prizes thats still worth some change so ppl dont feel left out, then ppl will buy tickets, this is why the lottery around here dont do shit for anyone, i make better in south carolina than i do here in north, and theres a gas station about 1mile away from my house and that dont help at all, and might help out the new comers to smd to try to get in on some good products for starting out than some cheap things, ive always thought to get the best first so when u upgrade u kno more of what ur gettin than hearin some legacys ina bandpass box at the pawnshop n it be like, hell ya this sounds good, n then put it in ur car n it sound like shit, vs playin a little raffle on here n winnin some low end but great start out items for ppl just gettin into the car audio world

and then move on to the big boy raffles were they put up like 4 12's-15's, and a 2000-3000w amp, for like $150 a ticket or something like that, n sell like mids n highs with an amp, n then a headunit n then wire n rcas, it might work out for the better on some ppls parts cause if someone can get a $200 sub for $50 they will be like, "hell ya ima try and win something else", and have a little inventory on some things kinda like an auction, but not like ebay, more along the lines of have like haveing a raffle for 1 sub but have 3 so more than one person will win, just to help ppl with not much money to get good stuff for less than wholesale prices, thats why some ppl dont like ebay cause u dont kno what ur gettin, but on here, a well trusted car audio forum, u got ppl that will back up what they do and u can trust that u might not win the big prize but might win somethin small like a cheap roll of speaker wire or somethin, just for playin

i unno if this makes much sence but it might work out good that smd has a shit ton of ppl on here, and almost everybody has stuff settin in the closet

so anymore feedback welcome :friends:

As a shop owner, I'd be willing to raffle something off. I'd just be worried that it might take a long time to sell enough tickets for a large item. For example, I could raffle off a new set of 24" rims & tires. But it might take a long tome to sell enough tickets to cover the cost of the rims + shipping. I've got no problem with it but it would be a major pain in the ass to refund $5 to 200 people because not enough tickets were sold.

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Im not a big fan of those too much.
The only problem I foresee is not being able to sell the tickets necessary to hold the raffle.

It's a great idea but I can see this becoming a problem....

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...