Anyone Know Anything About "bass Warriar"?

I was at a local surplus store, and picked up some Bass Warrior 4 AWG cable to use for my battery>starter upgrade. This stuff was like $3.49/ft. which seemed like a huge ripoff, but I bought it anyway.

Its got braided wire running down the center, then the insulation, then another layer of braided wire, and another layer of insulation. Whats the reason for this?

Can't find shit out about the company, probably out of business or something considering the product is at a surplus store.

EDIT

i just looked at the cable again, its actually bass warriAr

found this link. which is almost not helpful at all except that it seems to be an asian brand, and the amps logo is the same as the writing on the wire.

http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en...GL_enCA280CA280

Edited by BigJohnny

you can buy like name brand 0g with that

and personally ive never heard of it, and cant think for a reason for it to have two layers, sure you didnt buy like coax cable or anything?

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

No offense but you got screwed. why would you pay so much for 4awg?

Ya....... Ya I know..... but in my defense, that is Canadian pricing. When you see $3/ft for larger cable, it ends up costing a hell of a lot more when you factor in shipping cost/weight, conversion rates, and if its UPS, their extra brokerage fee when it shows up at the door. when all is said and done, it ends up costing more like $15/ft by the time it gets to my door.

1/0 wire here is about $9/ft. at any place I can actually find it.

still, why is it double wire? no it isn't coax. its all stranded wire, and alot of strands too.

the inner core is 4g, actually slightly larger than the rest of the 4g there, then it just has that extra wire/insulation layer.

is it some kind of shielding?

Edited by BigJohnny

Pictures might help. :)

x2

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

SORRY, FORGOT PICS, BUT I'LL DO IT TODAY, i PROMISE.

sry for caps too.

Also, I called a local auto sound place today, and discovered that 1/0 is no cheaper than $12/ft unless I use welding cable..... then it's $3.49.

So I didn't get as ripped off as everyone thinks I did.

shop vs online you did get ripped off bro. but if you are willing to pay it, who cares rite?

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

shop vs online you did get ripped off bro. but if you are willing to pay it, who cares rite?

he lives in canada though so shipping is through the roof.

Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

Words to live by.