My car's belts are slipping like mad, even at idle, playing music, turning on headlights, turning the steering wheel, or turning on the ac. only way to stop this is to rev to about 3000rpm then drop it down to 2000. any lower and itll start to squeal again.

Any way to solve this? im thinking i just need new belts but i know that there could be some other problems regarding bearings etc.

Thanks - Steve

Edited by Krannyman92

::donation fund to buy kranny a new belt::

^^^ probably be your best bet, unless you have to dig down to get to your alt, should be a simple fix, just make sure the belt too loose on dere.

".......Cut spending to only the bare essentials, water and bread...and margaritas...Yaay "-Mr. Marsh

95 camry:

JVC Deck

15" Fi Q in a fail prefab box

US-Amps Merlin Md2d

"Doin' that Work

This problem has been killing me on my astro. Multiple belt brands, different lengths, new tensioner, larger pulley on the alt, nothing working. Even had Mechman drop the alt from 270 amps to 245.

Finally had a friend build what looks like a small tie rod that is now connected to the bolt on the end of the tensioner pulley (extended bolt with a spacer). The other end is connected to the bolt on the idler pulley across from the alt. I can now pull a little tension on the belt and hold the tensioner in place to keep everything tight.

Seems to help, but time will tell.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.