Batcap Vs Kinetik

ive got a 12" T2 with a rf x6 amp...going to put in 2awg and either one of the electrical components, which would be better for daily driving in a 00 celica gt with a 80 amp alt....the lights dim pretty bad on low frequency songs. i was lookin at either the model 400 batcap (200 F) or a kinetik which would be better? pros and cons?

i've heard nothing but good things about both. they both are nice and small. i'm sure you can catch the kinetik for cheaper

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

i love my kinetik!!!

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Upgrading your alternator is almost always a good thing to do. But a second battery would probably fix the problem. I'm assuming you've already upgraded the big 3.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

If you look into the pics and stats of a batcap 800 and a kinetik hc600 they are almost identical. only difference is the hc600 is cheaper. around 120bucks instead of 175. Both are great products

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

i havent done the big 3 yet....well i was leaning toward the bat cap 400 bc its a 200 farad capacitor(50% cap, 50% battery) and capacitors charge alot quicker than batteries. and wen i get home a yellow top is waiting to be put in. the batcap 400 will b about 160 and its 16v stable, higher than a battery....and if i was goin for a kinetik i was goin to get like the hc800...the model 800 batcap is jus like the kinetiks like you were sayin but its rated at 800ccA and i can get that for about 140...didnt no if any one here had experience with both or problems with either.

Caps do charge faster than batteries, But they cant make their own source of power. The bat cap 400 is a 200 farad cap but it is also technically a battery -hence the name batcap-

Also if I had the space, a redtop would come before either option. Any choice you make will most likely be a wise one, But for the dimming lights issue, that HC1000 or a redtop sound the sweetest.

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

All in a CAR.

Caps do charge faster than batteries, But they cant make their own source of power. The bat cap 400 is a 200 farad cap but it is also technically a battery -hence the name batcap-

Also if I had the space, a redtop would come before either option. Any choice you make will most likely be a wise one, But for the dimming lights issue, that HC1000 or a redtop sound the sweetest.

i cant find a 1000 model so i guess id have to settle for the 800 but with the yellow top thats goin to be alot of CCA about 1500 or more

1. High output alternator

2. 1/0gauge from alternator to front battery and ground

3. Extra battery or multiple batteries in back with atleast 1 run of 1/0gauge ran from up front to each battery.

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

All in a CAR.

Archived