Sonic Electronix

well i ran into my first major problem today. I went to touch my bass knob and as soon as i touched it the led flash red and everything shut off. the amp turns on without going into protect, my ground is solid, no blown fuses, and its not the subs because i hooked up another sub to the amp and it just wont send power to it! i have no idea what the problem is. ive been staticy the whole day and when i touched it it shocked me and shut off... plz help?

Edited by BHSskaterBHS

2002 FORD EXPLORER PACKED WITH SOME CHEAP SUBWOOFERS!

I think you should be able to hook a volt meter up to the output of the amp. if its putting out dc then its a bad amp, if its putting out ac then the amp is still good, check your rca's and such.

Whaaa? And if it's putting out nothing at all? That's not a definitive way to test an amp...

OP, you might have killed the input circuitry although I've never heard of it happening before ;/

Unfortunately it'll be a tiny little part that has died, probably won't be visibly dead either.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

alright well more news, hooked the subs back up after checking EVERYTHING and still nothing. So unhooked my highs and cranked it all the way up. i could hear a tiny bit of bass and voice coming from the subs. could the channel be bad? cause i hooked it up to a 6x9 and still could barely hear anything.

2002 FORD EXPLORER PACKED WITH SOME CHEAP SUBWOOFERS!