Sonic Electronix

Biggest Mistakes Made While Box Building

What are some the most mistakes you ever made while building your box?

As for me I made numerous of mistakes like cutting wrong measurements, making a box way too big to even fit in a SUV and countless others.

THE GRADUATE 10:18:2007

This wasnt my mistake, but my buddy thought port was just drilling holes into a box LOL he had like 4 2 inch round holes drilled in it, and it sounded like garbage

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

HOW TO FIND OUT THE TUNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

I think a big thig is using a counter sink bit and then using GOLD COLORED CONSTRUCTION SCREWS. If you use drywall or other thicker deck screws it will split in my experience.

-------------------------------------------------

1st place circuit city car/spl show (maplewood,MN) 2006

146.6 dB's with 2 12" L7 and 1606d brutus

funny thing is the first box i built i might have had 2 or 3 screws split the mdf, and i didnt predrill any thing, but on my second box the first 5 split on me until i realized that i had to drill a lil further, i still have yet to figure out why my first box only had so few splits with it not being predrilled at all. And i used the same screws they were 2.5in course drywall screws(leftovers from the first box)

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

Those are the same kind I use, But it may have been that your screws mostly went in exactly or close to the middle of the board you were screwing it to. Even if you predrill the holes, if the hole is too small, or not in the center of the 3/4" piece of MDF it can still split.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

i must have been hitting near the center or the center the first time. The second time my main problem was i didnt drill deep enough, once i drilled it deep enough they were fine.

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

i been through the wood splitting thing sux but i got around i

now i laughed my ass off at my friend. he was putting a 15" PA fubar sub in a 325i BMW took a bunch of measurements, done all kinds of calculations for the port ect.

built the box but could not get it through the trunk opening, thats the where he didnt measure

Archived