Sonic Electronix

Biggest Mistakes Made While Box Building

Posted Image

My cousin did that with 4 Jbl 10's in the deck and 2 15's behind the rear seat all mounted on boards. It might not banged hard like standard boxes but it was loud as fuck! I don't remeber what amps he ran at the time. This was all installed in a 80 something 4dr Oldsmoblie back in 97-01. He even still has the same JVC tape player with the cd changer in his new 05 Chevy Conversion van

THE GRADUATE 10:18:2007

When you do a infinite baffle though i thought you run the risk of blowing your subs very easily unless they are designed for free air applications? Not many are made for it as far as I know...

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

i've been through the phaze of wrong measurments! lol

I measured from top to bottom of my boot without the spare tire in, made the box, and put the spare in and bang! the box goes right up to window line and i cant put parcelself on properly lol

another was when i had my 3000watts (1000rms) 2x 12" pioneers and i used 12mm MDF and it came apart in 2 days, then i rescrewed everything, put bonding, more and more screws and yet that lasted 1 week lol.....

:D nice thread! love to here more keep em comin!

umm not getting the sub holes "round". Even more so on a double baffle,and the useing window silicone caulk uneer the sub woofeer to seal them up.

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

using silicone on the sub to seal the enlcosure then not liking the enclosure and having to clean the gunk off

OH SHIT, the box won't fit throught the trunk opening - twice. Once I went in through the back seat and had to cut out a brace and have it welded back in. the next time I had to cut about 5 inches off the edge of the box.

First box I ever built I didn't bother to put a back wall on. I thought it just had to be a place for the sub to sit haha.

And I used to think particle board was the same as MDF.

Other than that I've been more or less okay.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

my problem that i always run into is cuttin a perfect hole for the sub,and sience i dont cut the wood my self ''i have home depote do it'' they some times fuck up the cuts

current setup:coming hopefully fryday..2 12:re audio res1 ample a 1100 dx.pioneer head unit

Archived