Need Information On Connecting Viper 350hv

I just bought a viper 350hv alarm for my 2000 ford ranger. I don't want to spend the money to get it installed and I have experience with radios and amps, but I am a noob to alarms and I wanted to try and learn to do the alarm myself since its a simple alarm. I already have the led light installed, siren mounted, and the receiver antenna mounted and the wires ran and ready for each. I have not bought the actuators and relays yet for my truck (it has manual locks) which I will be installing later.

Here is what I know after looking at the primary harness

Brown wire-hook up to positive on my siren, the negative on siren is connected to a ground.

White wire-is connected to my +parking light wire, which is brown in my driver kick panel???? Is that right??

Red wire-connects into 12v constant power

Black wire-ground

Here are the wires from the harness I don't think I will use...correct me if im wrong

Blue wire- channel 1 output

Red/white-for my channel 2 output

Black/white-an optional domelight supervision relay

Blue/white-channel 3 output

Here are the wires I have left over that im not sure about...

I am between the two on which should be hooked up and where

Violet- + door switch wire

Green- - door switch wire

On the starter kill relay I understand part of it....

Yellow-ignition input

Orange-already connected

Black and Green wires?????

I know I cut a wire and the green goes to my ignition and the black goes to the starter motor....but which wire???

I am going to start trying to get this alarm on tomorrow so help would be appreciated....Thanks...

THE BASS KICKS AND THE HEADS TURN. THE STEERING WHEEL PULSES UNDER YOUR FINGERS AND YOU MORE THAN HEAR THE MUSIC, YOU FEEL IT. THE CRISP, CLEAR SOUND JARS THE COMPLACENCY FROM YOUR SOUL AND LEAVES YOUR PROBLEMS SCATTERED ON THE HIGHWAY UNROLLING BEHIND YOU. HERE IN YOUR CAR, YOU ARE KING. THIS IS YOUR WORLD, YOUR TIME, WHERE YOU ARE THE STAR AND YOU PICK THE SOUNDTRACK…

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C5-570 Components

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

Can anyone help???

THE BASS KICKS AND THE HEADS TURN. THE STEERING WHEEL PULSES UNDER YOUR FINGERS AND YOU MORE THAN HEAR THE MUSIC, YOU FEEL IT. THE CRISP, CLEAR SOUND JARS THE COMPLACENCY FROM YOUR SOUL AND LEAVES YOUR PROBLEMS SCATTERED ON THE HIGHWAY UNROLLING BEHIND YOU. HERE IN YOUR CAR, YOU ARE KING. THIS IS YOUR WORLD, YOUR TIME, WHERE YOU ARE THE STAR AND YOU PICK THE SOUNDTRACK…

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

Ok, so all I need help with is the starter kill relay and the green and violet wires on that harness... anyone done an install on a 2000 ford ranger???

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

This vehicle has 2 door trigger wires, a YELLOW/BLACK (-) for the DRIVERS DOOR in the DRIVERS DOOR HARNESS, the PASSENGER DOOR is a GREY/RED (-) located in the PASSENGER DOOR HARNESS. When connecting to an ALARM SYSTEM, use both DOOR TRIGGER wires and DIODE ISOLATE, so use the green wire off the alarm put the cathode (side withe stripe) of the diode toward the cars wires also for starter kill 86 is your orange wire from alarm 87a is motor side of cut starter wire 85 is ignition wire tie into yellow from alarm and 30 is ket side of cut starter wire

must be nice huh

Ok, do I need two diodes for each door trigger after splitting my green wire? or do I place the diode after the green wire and then split the wires-one going to the yellow/black(-) and one going to the grey/red (-).

And what are these numbers you are giving me for the starter kill??? and which wire do I need to cut, because I understand how I need to hook up the green to the ignition side and the black to the starter motor. I just need the right wire.

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

Ok, I got the kill switch relay figured out.... all i need is help on the diode and how I need to hook up the door trigger input wire (green).

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

Alarm is finished....thanks for your help... I'm getting my door actuators and relays Tuesday for my manual locks. On this alarm, how do I wire both doors into the relays? Do I do my green wire through one relay, then my blue wire through my other relay and split the wires, one to my driver door and one to my passenger door???? Thanks.

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

I saw this on 12volt.com and I was wondering if this is how I need to wire the actuators in reverse polarity, then split the wires going to the actuators (one go to my driver side and one go to my passenger....

http://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page3.asp#arp

Look at actuators/reverse polarity...is this right for my setup??

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

your going to want dome light supervision. without it, its kinda pointless to have an alarm...

if your dome light comes on when you lift up the door handles it will set your alarm off or if your dome light only comes on when your door is open it will set your alarm off.

with out domelight supervision i could easily slide a car unlocking tool thru your door, unlock your door and steel whatever without the alarm going off as long as i dont hit the truck hard enough to set off the shock sensor.

I can get you a direct tech wiring sheet which will tell you what color and where the factory wire is that you need to hook up the alarm/remote start too. then what your left doing is connecting the corresponding alarm wire to the correct wire in the vehicle. Alarms are not color coded like radio harness's are. So red wont goto red, yellow wont goto yellow etc so it gets confusing.

Be ready to be installing this alarm for at least 5-8+ hours esp since you never done one before.

im out on the road right now (4 hours from home), but I should be home around 9pm central at the latest to give link you to the video print out to wire everything up.

Maybe ray or someone will get it before me

got home a bit sooner then planned, here is your vehicles factory wire diagram.

Hopefully that link works :)

So what your going to want to do is look in the installation manual (hopefully it came with the alarm, if it didnt i can get that for ya too). and your going to want to find where the thick gauge red wire goes. then once you know that, you can go and look in that link for whatever the wire says it does, and then it will tell you the factory wire color to splice into and where that factory wire is located (either it be like steering column, ecm, fuse box, etc). Your also going to notice that there maybe a few wires the same color in the factory wiring, when this happens your going to need to test for the correct wire.

Your best connection method for connecting the alarm wires to the factory vehicle wires will be scotch-loks (if you can find them I reccomend the double bladed scotch-lock because they probe the wire better and more secure then a standard single bladed scotch-lok). Using scotch-loks will save you alot of time cutting/stripping/crimping wires.

Otherwise a crimp cap will give you the best connection all together because its copper wire twisted to another copper wire then a plastic cap with metal inside that you crimp to hold the wires together. but your going to end up wasting more time cutting/stripping/crimping wires.

Please DO NOT use electrical tap for your connections. E~tape gets very hard and brital in the cold causing the wires to loosen up, and just aint all that secure IMO.

From what I can recall, I dont believe the alarm has ability to do remote start, so you shouldnt have to worry about any needed pats bypass's which may speed up installation process.

Also, installing this product yourself gives you NO WARRANTY if anything goes wrong with the alarm (even if its not your fault).

Think thats about all i can think of right now for any helpful pointers and do's or dont's.

Archived