Need Information On Connecting Viper 350hv

your going to want dome light supervision. without it, its kinda pointless to have an alarm...

if your dome light comes on when you lift up the door handles it will set your alarm off or if your dome light only comes on when your door is open it will set your alarm off.

with out domelight supervision i could easily slide a car unlocking tool thru your door, unlock your door and steel whatever without the alarm going off as long as i dont hit the truck hard enough to set off the shock sensor.

I can get you a direct tech wiring sheet which will tell you what color and where the factory wire is that you need to hook up the alarm/remote start too. then what your left doing is connecting the corresponding alarm wire to the correct wire in the vehicle. Alarms are not color coded like radio harness's are. So red wont goto red, yellow wont goto yellow etc so it gets confusing.

Be ready to be installing this alarm for at least 5-8+ hours esp since you never done one before.

im out on the road right now (4 hours from home), but I should be home around 9pm central at the latest to give link you to the video print out to wire everything up.

Maybe ray or someone will get it before me

dome light supervision needed only if the door trigger wire are not easily accessible your telling me that you can get into a car with the door trigger wire hooked up and not the dome sup wire and the alarm not go off i call bull shit

must be nice huh

I installed the alarm a couple of days ago and everything works good. I soldered all my wires and, but I did use electrical tape, do you think I should go back over everything and replace that tape??? and when you say I should use domelight supervision....it says it is optional in my manual and I did not hook it up...but if i do hook it up, I would need a relay, how would I go about doing this??? I was planning on getting some kind of sensor such as a shock sensor or a glass break sensor to add more security....would one of these be ok as backup instead of the dome supervision relay??? and which would be better?

I also just hooked up a dei 451m, and I am waiting on my actuators which Ill get in two days....I may need help if I hook them up and they don't work....

THE BASS KICKS AND THE HEADS TURN. THE STEERING WHEEL PULSES UNDER YOUR FINGERS AND YOU MORE THAN HEAR THE MUSIC, YOU FEEL IT. THE CRISP, CLEAR SOUND JARS THE COMPLACENCY FROM YOUR SOUL AND LEAVES YOUR PROBLEMS SCATTERED ON THE HIGHWAY UNROLLING BEHIND YOU. HERE IN YOUR CAR, YOU ARE KING. THIS IS YOUR WORLD, YOUR TIME, WHERE YOU ARE THE STAR AND YOU PICK THE SOUNDTRACK…

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C5-570 Components

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

I installed the alarm a couple of days ago and everything works good. I soldered all my wires and, but I did use electrical tape, do you think I should go back over everything and replace that tape??? and when you say I should use domelight supervision....it says it is optional in my manual and I did not hook it up...but if i do hook it up, I would need a relay, how would I go about doing this??? I was planning on getting some kind of sensor such as a shock sensor or a glass break sensor to add more security....would one of these be ok as backup instead of the dome supervision relay??? and which would be better?

I also just hooked up a dei 451m, and I am waiting on my actuators which Ill get in two days....I may need help if I hook them up and they don't work....

Absolutely not, soldering is the best way to make a connection... you don't have to hook up domelight supervision... post up when u get the actuators and i can help.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Will do, and the 451m is already run, just need to hook up actuators.... and I am thinking about getting a sensor to add to the alarm....do you recommend dei's motion sensor, a shock sensor, or a glass break audio sensor??? I have an expensive sound system and I am about to get my windows tinted as dark as legally possible... which would be the best in my situation??

THE BASS KICKS AND THE HEADS TURN. THE STEERING WHEEL PULSES UNDER YOUR FINGERS AND YOU MORE THAN HEAR THE MUSIC, YOU FEEL IT. THE CRISP, CLEAR SOUND JARS THE COMPLACENCY FROM YOUR SOUL AND LEAVES YOUR PROBLEMS SCATTERED ON THE HIGHWAY UNROLLING BEHIND YOU. HERE IN YOUR CAR, YOU ARE KING. THIS IS YOUR WORLD, YOUR TIME, WHERE YOU ARE THE STAR AND YOU PICK THE SOUNDTRACK…

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

Will do, and the 451m is already run, just need to hook up actuators.... and I am thinking about getting a sensor to add to the alarm....do you recommend dei's motion sensor, a shock sensor, or a glass break audio sensor??? I have an expensive sound system and I am about to get my windows tinted as dark as legally possible... which would be the best in my situation??

Glass break, and shock are both good. The motion sensor will end up being more of an annoyance than anything :)

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

your going to want dome light supervision. without it, its kinda pointless to have an alarm...

if your dome light comes on when you lift up the door handles it will set your alarm off or if your dome light only comes on when your door is open it will set your alarm off.

with out domelight supervision i could easily slide a car unlocking tool thru your door, unlock your door and steel whatever without the alarm going off as long as i dont hit the truck hard enough to set off the shock sensor.

I can get you a direct tech wiring sheet which will tell you what color and where the factory wire is that you need to hook up the alarm/remote start too. then what your left doing is connecting the corresponding alarm wire to the correct wire in the vehicle. Alarms are not color coded like radio harness's are. So red wont goto red, yellow wont goto yellow etc so it gets confusing.

Be ready to be installing this alarm for at least 5-8+ hours esp since you never done one before.

im out on the road right now (4 hours from home), but I should be home around 9pm central at the latest to give link you to the video print out to wire everything up.

Maybe ray or someone will get it before me

*blink*

You realize all dome light supervision does is turn on the dome lights when you hit unlock on the remote right?

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

ya, i could see how it could be annoying....ill probably go with the shock sensor... where is the best place to mount that and that just hooks straight up to the brain of my 350hv right?

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

ya, i could see how it could be annoying....ill probably go with the shock sensor... where is the best place to mount that and that just hooks straight up to the brain of my 350hv right?

The 350hv has an internal shock sensor, if you look on the opposite side of the main wire harness you will see a little knob that can be turned. The knob is the adjustment for the shock sensor, just make sure that the brain is zip-tied to a wire harness or steering column(ignition harness will be more sesnitive than the steering column)... but if you already have it installed and can't mount the brain somewhere, you can get an external shock sensor... i actually have a couple in my box at work, i could prolly shoot you one for like $15 shipped if you want.

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

I already have it mounted and I have the sensitivity about 3/4s up...I have it installed about a foot away from the steering wheel column close to the fuse box, and it is zip tied, but not accessible when when my dash pieces are back together. I just wanted as much security as I can and I figured it would be better if I had some other sensor hooked up. Is the sensor a dei?? if so, I will purchase it from you...

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

The 350hv has an internal shock sensor, if you look on the opposite side of the main wire harness you will see a little knob that can be turned. The knob is the adjustment for the shock sensor, just make sure that the brain is zip-tied to a wire harness or steering column(ignition harness will be more sesnitive than the steering column)... but if you already have it installed and can't mount the brain somewhere, you can get an external shock sensor... i actually have a couple in my box at work, i could prolly shoot you one for like $15 shipped if you want.

all i have to say is thank you for backin me up on that dome light sup thing sorry to say but if you dont know what your talkin about it will show so thanks again shyne lol but you know your shit too i c hey also if you need more help i can help as well

must be nice huh

Archived