white4d96 Posted April 23, 2009 Report Posted April 23, 2009 I was just thinking about this today for no apparent reason. What do you do when you get pulled over for what you think is a sound violation? Do you crank your shit down as you're coming to a stop? Shut it off completely? Or can they use that against you? Any tips/pointers/experiences? Too many projects, too little time...
Noobtastic14 Posted April 23, 2009 Report Posted April 23, 2009 Turn everything off as soon as you see lights if your smart. -Drew I am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. uhoh_45 said: dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew
loganberry Posted April 23, 2009 Report Posted April 23, 2009 i cant play cd's in my truck, skips too bad, so i keep a blank cd in the player at all times..see teh po po and hit the cd button My F-150 Build GET ON THE BANDWAGON what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder hahah jk
brewer_brewer Posted April 23, 2009 Report Posted April 23, 2009 know exactly where your mute button is, i can touch mine with my eyes closed doing 90 in a 75. if i see anything that resembles a cop is press it. gotta always look a 1/4 mile a way in my case. REFS http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/itrader.php?u=2026 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/44535-official-brewer-brewer-feedback/page__p__625998__hl__brewer__fromsearch__1entry625998 "you're not allowing natural selection to work, you're like the guy that invented the seatbelt"
mrwigglezdj Posted April 23, 2009 Report Posted April 23, 2009 kill the sound and take off the face plate and tell them there full of it that it was not you playing your radio doesnt even have a face since your ole lady got mad and took it Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets
white4d96 Posted April 23, 2009 Author Report Posted April 23, 2009 Typically I nail the killswitch for my sub-amp as soon as I see a squad, or anything remotely close to one; I don't want to find out I share my brother's penchant for getting pulled over by unmarkeds... But the other day one was hiding behind some bushes and I KNOW he heard it and assumed it was me because he looked right at me...and you KNOW my ass was glued to my rearview mirror for like a mile after that scared as fuck... Too many projects, too little time...
Tub Asko Posted April 23, 2009 Report Posted April 23, 2009 i get pulled over at least once a week in my ride. i have this down to a science - 1. turn off radar detector 2. turn off radio/remove faceplate 3. roll down 5% tinted windows 4. hit switches to raise truck to legal limit 5. have license, reg, and insurance in front pocket or 1. drive it like you stole it Facebook Youtube Murdered '07 Silverado
RamenNoodles Posted April 23, 2009 Report Posted April 23, 2009 Ive been pulled over 5 times for sound violation, but never have gotten a ticket. Just lucky I guess. Diablo Audio Technologies Fi Car Audio Ascendant Audio
Noobtastic14 Posted April 23, 2009 Report Posted April 23, 2009 Damn Lucky!!! It sucks to sell audio shit to pay sound violation tickets -Drew I am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. uhoh_45 said: dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew
white4d96 Posted April 23, 2009 Author Report Posted April 23, 2009 know exactly where your mute button is, i can touch mine with my eyes closed doing 90 in a 75. if i see anything that resembles a cop is press it. gotta always look a 1/4 mile a way in my case. ...My crappy HU doesn't have a mute button. Well, there was one in the remote, but that POS died like a week after I bought it. Hence the kill on the subs, and I have gotten really good at wailing on the dial to kill the mid/high's. So killing the tunes and pulling the faceplate can't be used against you then? Someone at school was telling me that if I did that I would get a violation for sure. Or worse yet, they would assume I was hiding something and rip my car apart. Too many projects, too little time...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.