Second Skin Audio

Alpine Questions

alpine

Fill out the online form through the website.  If Pete or Tuan need more info they will contact you.  Paypal is the best method of payment I believe.  The plans are sent by computer.

Also you can contact pete at his forum  hexibase.com/forum

Yup...Very good reliable people for box plans.

This enclosure will be loaded with 4-12s Type-Rs and will begoing to to a 2 DR yukon and each sub will get about 750-800w.

Box=41x29x20

port=6x12x18

if not uned to somewhere close to 32-33Hz can you change it so it will be around there?

Thanks, Joe

BANNED LIKE A MOTHAFUCKA

britney-spears-bald-400a030207.jpg

IM BANNED BECAUSE IM A FUCKIN FUCKTARD

how about you figure it out for yourself?

I will tell you how.

(legend)

L= length

W= width

H= hieght

*= multiply

/= division or divide by

-= minus

ok here is how you figure this out.

now just to make sure you get this correct. make sure you adjust the measurements for the wood thickness,  I Always take off 1.5 inches off my measuremeants ( I use .75 thick MDF)

L * W * H =  your answer

your answer / by 1728 =  your answer in cubic feet.

port area

W * H = cubic inches of port area ( or port opening)

The length of the port will give you your tunning

but before we can get that far we need to deduct the displacement of the subz

so you would do this.

your answer in cubic feet - your sub displacement = you internal air space before port displacement.

ok now you know your internal cubic feet with subz in now open WINISD Pro.

I dont use the exact subz most of the time because usually they arent in the Database, I find one thats close o it in specs and go from there.

If you have never used WINISD pro your not gonna have alot of fun trying to figure it out, I would goto their website and read the tutorials.

if your port is 18" long and assuming each sub displaces .15 cubes (just a guess for the subs) so your total sub displacement is .6 cubes...i get a tuning of about 27hz...to low imo...make your port 10" long (assuming your opening is 6x12) and you will be around 32hz

i likes me some audio stuff...

if your port is 18" long and assuming each sub displaces .15 cubes (just a guess for the subs) so your total sub displacement is .6 cubes...i get a tuning of about 27hz...to low imo...[glow=red,2,300]make your port 10" long (assuming your opening is 6x12) and you will be around 32hz[/glow]

so if my box is 41x29x20

and my port is 6x12x10 it will be around 32Hz

That's exactly what he just said. 

Archived