Sundown Audio

Setting Amplifier Gain Control

dbwesz

Hi

I'm a noobie also I was wondering since my (2) 1500 watts sundowns are strapped, Do I set the master then the slave to the same voltage. Also I am driving 2 15 FiQ subwoofers.

Thanks for any help

im not 100% sure about master/slave, but shouldnt the slave amp do whatever the master amp does without touching it?
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

• 1 month later...

I got PHOENIX GOLD 6.5" 240w COMPONENT SPEAKERS RSD65CS Phoenix Gold RSD250.2 200-Watt 2-Channel amp in a 09 ford escape which also has a inline level adptor to the stock hu and it has 2 gains left and right. I cant even turn the stereo to 3/4 ? I propably can only go under half now till the amp clips. No osc scope. Whats the best way to do this gain thing when i have a adaptor with gains and the amp? By the way the speakers rock and have no sub so it;s just for the front components?

im not 100% sure about master/slave, but shouldnt the slave amp do whatever the master amp does without touching it?

yes. the master amp acts as the positive terminals, the slave amp acts as the negative terminals. gains are set with the master amp. tuning the slave amp will do nothing

Hi

I'm a noobie also I was wondering since my (2) 1500 watts sundowns are strapped, Do I set the master then the slave to the same voltage. Also I am driving 2 15 FiQ subwoofers.

Thanks for any help

the slave amp will follow whatever settings the master amp has been set

so meaning set the settings on the master amp and the slave will follow w/e settings you put on the master

If we hook up a head unit with a 8volt (or more) output to an amplifier, then the volume will get loud very fast when we start to turn it up. Thats the problem i have , i cant turn it up to half without it being to load and distorts. If i turn down the gain the speakers shut off everytime i turn up the volume?

the slave amp will follow whatever settings the master amp has been set

so meaning set the settings on the master amp and the slave will follow w/e settings you put on the master

Im going to master/slave my amps but the dude at my shop said id have to match my gains, another guy at the same shop said tune the master, slave will follow it. i got so confused bc i had 2 different stories from the same shop.

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang