GOTZ1LUNG's Sierra Video on Pg 15 - 5/17/12 TL#'s 151.3@29hz

I got the new tranny in and took it out last night for a cruise'n...

I missed my truck so much! Car alarms everywhere hate me too.

So i Got some good news after all the tranny BS. The dealer was wrong when they said it was a 305 truck. Its a 350/4l60e combo and the vin backs this up. gotta love casting numbers and google!

Well, the 350 part is cool. :D Glad to hear it is rolling again.

Did you get your overdrive pulleys? Another thought- is this the voltage that the factory volt meter shows or is it from a Stinger volt display or DMM? Just thinking that if it is from your vehicles volt meter in the dash, that the brake light circuit could be the same one that your volt meter is on, making it read lower than it is. (you did say it drops when you get on the brakes, right?) I would check for vacuum leaks under the hood too.... could be all related to the idle.

I know my van's factory voltage meter drops and rises when my turn signals go on and off, but it is just because the signals and the factory volt meter are on the same circuit. When I check at the battery- steady.

Build looks great, btw! :good:

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

I use to have an alternator that wouldn't kick on until around 800rpm engine speed. So at redlights I as running off of straight battery power if I had the a/c on too.

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

Just Wanna Say Nice Tuck And Clean Install You Have Skills Mate, Hope You Get The Volt Problem Sorted. Did You Clamp The Alt To Find Out What Amp It Really Is?

Mike

MICEuk

Well, the 350 part is cool. :D Glad to hear it is rolling again.

Did you get your overdrive pulleys? Another thought- is this the voltage that the factory volt meter shows or is it from a Stinger volt display or DMM? Just thinking that if it is from your vehicles volt meter in the dash, that the brake light circuit could be the same one that your volt meter is on, making it read lower than it is. (you did say it drops when you get on the brakes, right?) I would check for vacuum leaks under the hood too.... could be all related to the idle.

I know my van's factory voltage meter drops and rises when my turn signals go on and off, but it is just because the signals and the factory volt meter are on the same circuit. When I check at the battery- steady.

Build looks great, btw! :good:

I use to have an alternator that wouldn't kick on until around 800rpm engine speed. So at redlights I as running off of straight battery power if I had the a/c on too.

Thanks for th kind words guys!

The voltage issue is being fixed slowly, the altenater is like mentioned above, doesnt kick on till @ 1100rpms.

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

nice build. clean box...with an even cleaner amp rack!!!

Thanks man, I really dont think its bad for the total cost i got in Equipment..594 and some odd dollars..Got money in the install of course but its just a bunch of low end stuff, that i think i made sound purty damn good:D

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

Thanks man, I really dont think its bad for the total cost i got in Equipment..594 and some odd dollars..Got money in the install of course but its just a bunch of low end stuff, that i think i made sound purty damn good:D

ya, id say hittin a 143 off 600 bucks is pretty damn good my friend.

yo, how are things goin with the docs btw? any news on the kidney?

4 - 15 Sundown Z v.2 @ 35Hz

2 - AP3000D

2 - RF Power Punch 6.5 Comps

2 - RF Power Power

1 - Kinetic KHC2000

3 - Kinetic KHC2400

Iraggi 300A

Knu Wiring

How does it sound with the subs up port up. Im trying out subs up port forward in my new build. I like your amp rack too. Its got me thinking of something different for my setup now. I havent started the rack yet so Im all open for options.

thats a good looking job there man, like how the box and amp racks look! I wish I did not need my back I would be something similar with 15's I think!

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

it sounds really good with sub/port up actually. My first box was subs foward/port up and i can say it is alot louder the current way.

I think the 143 is a decent # for my daily tune. Im sure i can get a few more tenths somewhere if i play on the meter some more, maybe a gains up burp i dunno.

Kindey is still workin i guess, lol, trying to clear out this infection, i really hope i dont become gotz1lung&kidney...lmao

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

Archived