Sonic Electronix

hey everyone. theres a prob wit my cap, far as i can figure i need a new one. lol. when i start my car it goes to 14.4 volts and slowly goes down and doesnt charge and after bout 5-10 min it gets to 12.8 and shuts off but my amp still works fine and sometimes after a while itll come back on and be at 15 volts and work fine. since the cap is in parallel its obvious that the wiring is ok. i thought it may have been the ground for the cap but it seems fine. the only other option i can think of is the way its mounted, its mounted between horizontal and upside down at bout a 30 degree angle from hoizontal on the sub box so that i could c what the voltage was while still havin it close to the amp. im thinkin of movin it tomorrow but figured id ask on here to c what everyone else had to say. i bought it a few months ago and has worked fine til last weekend when it did it once and this weekend its been off more then its been on.

I would say loose the cap all together and get your self another batt.

Caps are really just fancy looking volt meters

98 Dodge Durango

12 000K 50/55W Headlights

12 000K 35W Fog lights

HU Panasonic CQ-VX100 7" Reciever

(1) Fi SSD 18" Fully Loaded

(1) Ported box 33hz

(1) Soundstream TRX1500D

(1) Soundstream TRX2.440

(1) RE 6.5" Component Set

(1) Rear battery

Big 3 in 0/1 gauge

2 runs of 1/0 Gauge wire

250A Alt soon..

um, Is that not what my post said?

didnt know i couldnt say it agian?

98 Dodge Durango

12 000K 50/55W Headlights

12 000K 35W Fog lights

HU Panasonic CQ-VX100 7" Reciever

(1) Fi SSD 18" Fully Loaded

(1) Ported box 33hz

(1) Soundstream TRX1500D

(1) Soundstream TRX2.440

(1) RE 6.5" Component Set

(1) Rear battery

Big 3 in 0/1 gauge

2 runs of 1/0 Gauge wire

250A Alt soon..

ya look into a HO alternator, a cap is useless as an asshole on your elbow, especially if you don't have enough juice to charge it. its basically just another battery/load on your charging system and won't do anything on a system that already doesn't have enough power.

ya look into a HO alternator, a cap is useless as an asshole on your elbow, especially if you don't have enough juice to charge it. its basically just another battery/load on your charging system and won't do anything on a system that already doesn't have enough power.

"Caps" do have there place in car audio, but not really for anyone on this forum. I would say a cap could help in a little stereo setup that is maybe pushing 400-500w, as installing a cap could help with MINOR light dim, and a LITTLE extra assurance for the little amp pushing 4-500w. Know what i mean.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny