Second Skin Audio

A Lil Build In Ma Grandpas Chevy.

aight, so today i threw a new box together with my grandfather for his truck. i didnt have any TS parameters of the sub so i guessed at 1.5 cubes.

i finished off a piece of old MDF which was good, but i had to buy a new sheet at lowes for the sides.

heres a couple pieces after cut.

DSCF3109.jpg

and after the final cut.

DSCF3113.jpg

dry fit w/o lid

DSCF3114.jpg

dry fit with lid

DSCF3115.jpg

camera faulked up and deleted like 10 pics, so heres after the fact, in the truck. sub is mounted from the back, and the port is tuned to around 34 Hz

DSCF3118.jpg

also, the kickers i ordered came today, so i slapped em in. power ratings are LOW LOW LOW but they sound good.

DSCF3119.jpg

the neighbor got rid of his 03 chevy so he gave me his head unit, he said it wouldnt work and that i could just have it, in about 5 sec i told him the fuse was blown, so he tried to play like i didnt make him look bad. were tight tho so its all good, it hits a LOT harder than the alpine. kinda sad.

DSCF3120.jpg

when youtube gets its shit together there will be vids aswell. tell me whatcha think so far.

BEFORE NEW BOX

AFTER NEW BOX

Edited by BanginOnABudget

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

i got it off of ebay like a year ago, it said it was a livewire, ive looked em up and thier shit is scarce, i havent found many of thier subs, and NO company info, asfar as i know, i have the only one on the planet..

ive googled and found a few forums that have livewires for sale, but never any pics, of course.

if i could i would buy 4 of em, at LEAST. loudest 10" ive ever heard....

i have no power ratings, no nothing. had to guess at the 1.5 CuFt for the box, and it flexes the truck more than my 2 12"s so i was VERY impressed...

cone looks volfenhag, and the magnet looks like one of the focal mag. assemblies...i will take alot of pics tommorow. dust cap DEF looks like its been painted tho.

any more questions??? :)

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

i got it off of ebay like a year ago, it said it was a livewire, ive looked em up and thier shit is scarce, i havent found many of thier subs, and NO company info, asfar as i know, i have the only one on the planet..

ive googled and found a few forums that have livewires for sale, but never any pics, of course.

if i could i would buy 4 of em, at LEAST. loudest 10" ive ever heard....

i have no power ratings, no nothing. had to guess at the 1.5 CuFt for the box, and it flexes the truck more than my 2 12"s so i was VERY impressed...

cone looks volfenhag, and the magnet looks like one of the focal mag. assemblies...i will take alot of pics tommorow. dust cap DEF looks like its been painted tho.

any more questions??? :)

nope sums it all up man, sounds like a beast of a 10 :good:

2000 Eddie Bauer Expedition:

Alpine CDA 9883

2x 18" DC lvl 4 D2

10.7 cu ft box 33hz

knu 1/0 wire

amp: Kicker ZX2500.1

Kinetik

tatoosmall2.jpg

banner2.jpg

yeah ummmm...your grandpa has beats?

yupp. he bumps to jeezy lol. no joke.

heres some pics of the sub, if you think you can identify it. the cats went apeshit on the surround and the paint is peeling, but nothing i cant fix.

DSCF3129.jpg

DSCF3130.jpg

DSCF3134.jpg

DSCF3135.jpg

had to add this cus i love it :D

DSCF3136.jpg

back to the sub.

heres comparing to a project 10" im making, slowly.

DSCF3137.jpg

DSCF3151.jpg

DSCF3152.jpg

anyone???

24pm3xe.jpg

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

yupp. he bumps to jeezy lol. no joke.

heres some pics of the sub, if you think you can identify it. the cats went apeshit on the surround and the paint is peeling, but nothing i cant fix.

DSCF3129.jpg

DSCF3130.jpg

anyone???

That magnet makes me think of focal.

http://www.woofersetc.com/p4942/27KX--Foca...r-Subwoofer.htm

Looks alike

Edited by Crump-T1

That magnet makes me think of focal.

http://www.woofersetc.com/p4942/27KX--Foca...r-Subwoofer.htm

Looks alike

thats exactly what i said lol. im amazed by it, it has 2 times the magnets of that focal. im thinking 1000 max 500 RMS on it but im not too sure. i think it may be a one of a kind subwoofer actually....

all in all, i dont see it blowing any time soon. heres 2 new vids, getting some new CDRs tommorow afternoon so i can get some actual good bumpin' songs.

i may put it up for sale some time so everyone, keep an eye out, but no gaurentees on that. voice coil looks to be around 2.5"-3" from what i can see.

24pm3xe.jpg

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever