Sonic Electronix

Type-r's Nowhere Near As Loud - Is It My Headunit?

Yeah man I'm grabbin M-500s only because they're 117 bucks (each) with my employee discount. If it's a Best Buy secret, sue me. The Type-R's are 99 bucks (each) with employee discount and 8ga amp kits are 23 bucks. Two sets of dual twist RCAs is 28 bucks.

I was thinking of maybe getting 2 15" Fi BTLs but IDK if it would be much louder and also way more expensive than going with 4 Type-R's.

Plus I have Alpine everything (except the headunit)

You can get two type-r's online for $253 shipped.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Employee discounts are crazy. I have a few connections there as well, due to friend working there. Downloading tones is not what you want to do. Get a REAL CD from work with those test tones, I think BB caries Bass Freq which is what I use for setting gains. I HATE prefab boxes. Just cause you can buy one and get a deal doesn't mean you should. Prefab = Garbage. Four Typre R's will get stupid loud and nothing wrong with alpine amps. If you do get two more(which you should with those prices) build a correct box for them. Just as easy to run four amps as it is one. Unless you're running four amps on one sub, then its tricky. You might wanna run 4gauge aswell, 8 gauge is kinda small. How did you end up with all Alpine except the H/U. Thats their best shit. I would get a nice alpine H/U with three sets of outputs. Can't really guess DB's, all depends on the box and car acoustics, but it will be way louder. First set up your system like it is and see if you can't get your volume back without clipping or distortion.

Edited by cc_audio

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

8g to each amp is ok, not 2 amps on 1 8g (i'd still say use 0g to the back and split it, but that costs more obviously)

as far as the test tones, they can be created at different gains...0db is normal, but some music can have +18 to +26db tones and notes, so keep that in mind

assuming you have a 0db tone and did it at a decent volume(30 of 35 like you said), you should be fine, it seems like you did tune it correctly

its going to be lower, the distortion and clipping can sound louder than a pure note, some competitors drive a clean signal to a soft clip to get extra volume, but like i said, this way is safer and correct, not necessarily the loudest

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Selling my equipment and getting two 4ga kits with two MRP-M-1000s to power a single 15" Fi BTL sounds like a really, really kick ass idea.

Can two MRP-M1000s (1000wRMS @ 2ohms each) power a 15" Fi BTL to its full potential (2000w)?

That way if I need to upgrade I'll just build another box and get another two sets of alpine amps and another 15" Fi BTL!

Otherwise I can always get two MRP-M1000s and two 15" Fi BTLs powering each at 1000w until I can scrap up enough money for the other two MRP-M1000s...

Which would be louder?

Edited by dwz

Selling my equipment and getting two 4ga kits with two MRP-M-1000s to power a single 15" Fi BTL sounds like a really, really kick ass idea.

Can two MRP-M1000s (1000wRMS @ 2ohms each) power a 15" Fi BTL to its full potential (2000w)?

That way if I need to upgrade I'll just build another box and get another two sets of alpine amps and another 15" Fi BTL!

Otherwise I can always get two MRP-M1000s and two 15" Fi BTLs powering each at 1000w until I can scrap up enough money for the other two MRP-M1000s...

Which would be louder?

In my opinion less is better. There is no need to have 4 amps. get 1 or 2 btl's how ever many you think you can take... you will be happy with 1 if you had 4 type r's but either way stick with one amp to one sub. less complicated and less to deal with if something goes wrong.

98 Jeep Wrangler

33x13.50 super swamper LTB's

Memphis M3 15"

Memphis MCD1000

Optima yellowtop D34/78

Bass Race 129.9

(LBZ Duramax in the future)

In my opinion less is better. There is no need to have 4 amps. get 1 or 2 btl's how ever many you think you can take... you will be happy with 1 if you had 4 type r's but either way stick with one amp to one sub. less complicated and less to deal with if something goes wrong.

Right but MRP-M1000s are 400 bucks and I get them for 200 bucks each with my discount!

I just wanna note that I'm mentioning 4ga kits cause I get them very cheap and if I were to get a 1/0 gauge kit it would be like 6 times more. It's more affordable considering that.

Edited by dwz

2 MRP-1000's on a Dual 2 ohm BTL 15 in a good box will get crazy-loud.

I like how you think my man lol :friends:

98 Jeep Wrangler

33x13.50 super swamper LTB's

Memphis M3 15"

Memphis MCD1000

Optima yellowtop D34/78

Bass Race 129.9

(LBZ Duramax in the future)