That should have the 7.5 rearend,, honestly, dont waste your time beefin up that rearend,, for fairly cheap, id look for maybe a 8.5 rearend out of a 2nd gen, 5 speed S10, u can make those pretty tough

1997 S10 EC

Whats in it

106.9 Sq.ft. Hushmat

DB Elec. 250 amp alt.

HC800&HC1400

MLA Module

Alpine 9886

Knukonceptz wires

Clarion EQS746

poopy Alpine door co-ax's

Change IS Coming

You would have to look at the cover and that would tell you what size it is. 7.5 rears are junk. I have one in my 82 regal and I could get a 7.5 posi with 3.73 gears for $300 but they are not worth it. I am saving up for a grand national 8.5 rear which run for $900 usually..

Your best bet is if that other one you have is a 8.5, use it. If not, look for one but most will run for $800 or more from what I have seen unless the person doesn't know what they have. Your other option is to get a custom built rear for $1,200......

Looks like you drag race that blazer, i had an 89 with the 350cid conversion and the 700r4 tranny. the stock rear end had 273 gears and it sucked! i tried changing it to 373's and it still sucked. broke the ring gear when i hit the nitrous so i traded it out for a 12 bolt rear end with hardened axles and it never gave me any more issues.

They have after market rear ends available thru Jeggs or Summitt Racing that are bullet proof if you are running slicks on it and pushing it hard you might want to try giving them a call to see what they have for you.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

It is the 8.5 i know this won't handle the horspower but what upgrades would help?

What kind of power are u putting to the ground?

edit: nvm i fail i see it now, umm honestly with 425 hp if ur runnin anything but street tires i would even waste ur time with the 8.5 i mean u could put some hardend gears in it with some hardened axles and have a cheaper fix but it will break i promise that, my firebird had an 8.5 in it and we put axles and gears in it then welded the rearend and i went through about six different passenger side axles in about a years time, if i were you and u wanted to beef it up i would sell that rear end then save up and put a Ford 9" under it with some 33 spline axles those are good for about 600 h.p. but i mean if u wanna save some money for the time being then go the other route and save for the 9"

Edited by Moore941

2000 White Dodge Durango 5.9L

Flowmaster 40 Series through 2 1/2" with and open cat.

1 Dc lvl5 18

4 6.5 seleniums and 2 D200 Selenium Horns on Rockford 500.2

Big three upgrade and a kinetik HC1800 in the back with all 1/0g knu wire

shootin for 145+ :)

mybanner49a35dfb6b392.jpg 732593158.png

Well where would I get some gears and such anybody? Great info just got the idea of putting my motor in a s[-10 only has to hold for a couple races and burnouts

sig-1.jpg

Jensen 9511TS~For Sale

JL Audio 300/4~For Sale

JL Audio1000/1~For Sale

Mephis 6.5 componet sets front and rear

4 15" Fi Q's in a 16 cuft box tuned to 29hrz