What size alternator can be run without losing power at idle. I may be completely off base but I have heard that the higher the amperage the harder it is to get power out of the alternator at idle.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

What size alternator can be run without losing power at idle. I may be completely off base but I have heard that the higher the amperage the harder it is to get power out of the alternator at idle.

depends on the case size/ style of the alternator. mine will do 165 amps at idle, its a GM large case

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Guest KyleCannon

Robbie's 270 sps series does 200 amps at idle with 14+ voltage (270 max). I seen that thing on the bench. That alternator is a mean mo'fcker.

Edited by KyleCannon

Well its kind of pointless now because I was in accident on my way home from work earlier but was that a dc alternator? (the 270sps)

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

also, a smaller pulley on the alt will increase idle output as-well. So keep that in mind.

X2, the best way to compensate for some of the H.O. Alternators low Idle Power.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

What type of output would I be looking at for 300 amp alts in a 99-new gmc or chevy truck